The Lotus Cars Community banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
It has been a while but I think i measured what came out of mine and it was a little more than what one bottle contained. I think this is one of those situations were overfilling is probably worse than under filling.

I checked with a few sources. I think it was 110ml out and 110 in, or some other similar metric amount.

·
He's on fire!
3,386 Posts
Thread update in case anyone comes across this later. "Terry" @ Magnuson got fired for "helping people out." Magnuson will not sell you a supercharger unless you can identify the proper specifications for the Lotus. At this point if you're wanting new you're either buying from lotus or I noticed Monkey Wrench will also sell you one.

And another fyi - there are many rebuilders out there but exactly zero of them are "authorized" except for Magnuson themselves. I took this to mean the same thing as choosing to service your car at a dealer vs an independent mechanic.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Can't remember who I went through at magnuson, but they built me a MP62 for $1600 shipped brand new. They wouldn't build it for a lotus specifically but they built it with the same specs as a lotus. This was within the last year. I called and talked to the sales rep over the phone vice email.

·
He's on fire!
3,386 Posts
perhaps they fired someone and made an existing policy clear to the rest. I talked to two different sales reps today, one that is the oem manager for Lotus, and as soon as either learned I was replacing the oem spec blower unit, they told me I needed to purchase from lotus, and they would not sell me one that just happened to have the same specifications.

Honestly if I specified a "secret sauce", even if it was the regular sauce with an extra dash of pepper, I'd be all kinds of pissed if the manufacturer was eating my sales. If you have the "specs" of your unit, post them, otherwise it could be that the well has run dry.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts