The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmmm.... Maybe now is a good time to get a V1.
.... DRL disable mod
.... the mod to make the key fob work from more than 2 inches away
.... anything else?

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Super Moderator
2,845 Posts
Since your dash is already apart you might want to consider relocating the CDL module and switch pack to somewhere close to the access hole covered by the switch panel on the driver's side. This not an absolute must, but it sure would be nice to be able to access these modules without having to pull the dash apart in case they fail which they seem to do on a regular basis.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Check the bottom side for spots that rub. Usually on the A/C ducting. Had a few cars develop rattles there. Use some felt tape or the soft side of some Velcro to act as a cushion. If anything is rubbing its usually pretty easy to tell just by looking.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Satellite radio adapter.
iPod adapter

Put in felt tape or similar between plastic pieces to stop squeaks and rattles.
Good choices. I already have the Ipod Adapter.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Check the bottom side for spots that rub. Usually on the A/C ducting. Had a few cars develop rattles there. Use some felt tape or the soft side of some Velcro to act as a cushion. If anything is rubbing its usually pretty easy to tell just by looking.
Thanks. I will definitely look into this.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
i'm going CF dash to stop the offgassing (3 month wait though) so this is an interseting thread.

windshield wiper relay module that gives you adjustable intermittant wipers.

Chris Mackey, any places in particular to put the felt pieces between plastic bits? I like this idea...

What's CDL module? That'd be "center diff lock" on my g-wagen.... probably not what we're talking about here... ;)

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tap into the 12v line to hardware your radar detector, navigation, or add some cigarette lighter adapters.
Yeah, hard-wiring a V1 might be a definite.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Chris Mackey, any places in particular to put the felt pieces between plastic bits? I like this idea...
The best places for me were between the dash and the plastic vent panels on each side. I put in the soft (loop) part of velcro in between to take up a little space. I put some between the binnacle and the left side vent panel and the center vent panel.

I also made sure that all of the clips were in place; as you noticed that some were missing and fell into the dash.

On the initial test drive to Bone Daddy's, it was definitely quieter in my car.

·
Super Moderator
6,820 Posts
Remove the part of the passenger's airbag clips that stay in the dash. If you wait until you put the dash back on they'll fall into the dash.

Dan and I just had my dash out this past weekend to install larger speakers using Jim Clayton's adapter rings. Made a big difference.

·
hate speed limits
714 Posts
Add a flux capacitor & floor it to 88 mph. Just make sure you don't hit the cams because it'll cause an adverse shift in the space/time continuum & you'll die. You could put it in the boot, but this way it'll be all stealth like :shift:

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Look for random extra fasteners. I seem to find them on a regular basis from the factory. I find pieces of zip ties as well. Also, some of the stock wiring could be tied down better which can help eliminate some rattling. Good point on the airbag fasteners, remove the parts stuck in the dash right away. It is also a good idea to not screw in the replacements until you go to snap it in place as letting them rest against the dash can bend them and make it hard to line up with the holes if you leave them in the cover overnight and let it all dangle.

·
Super Moderator
6,820 Posts
You can do this with the dash in.
Yeah, you can, but if the speakers that you are putting in (Polk db521's in my case) are big enough to require much trimming of the speaker holes it is a whole lot easier and cleaner to do it with the dash out. The 5.25" Alpines that were the stock rears in my car dropped right in, but the frame on the Polks extends out all the way to the mounting edge. Either way, it's easier with the dash already out, which his is.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.