The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Satellite radio adapter.
iPod adapter

Put in felt tape or similar between plastic pieces to stop squeaks and rattles.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Chris Mackey, any places in particular to put the felt pieces between plastic bits? I like this idea...
The best places for me were between the dash and the plastic vent panels on each side. I put in the soft (loop) part of velcro in between to take up a little space. I put some between the binnacle and the left side vent panel and the center vent panel.

I also made sure that all of the clips were in place; as you noticed that some were missing and fell into the dash.

On the initial test drive to Bone Daddy's, it was definitely quieter in my car.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Dan and I just had my dash out this past weekend to install larger speakers using Jim Clayton's adapter rings. Made a big difference.

You can do this with the dash in.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Yeah, you can, but if the speakers that you are putting in (Polk db521's in my case) are big enough to require much trimming of the speaker holes it is a whole lot easier and cleaner to do it with the dash out. The 5.25" Alpines that were the stock rears in my car dropped right in, but the frame on the Polks extends out all the way to the mounting edge. Either way, it's easier with the dash already out, which his is.
I put in the same Polks. I did that, and I have had the dash out 3 times now. If I were to do the speakers again, I'd leave the dash in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts