The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been waiting now for 14 months. If I don't pay over sticker
or get real lucky the info from Steve Harris dealership would indicate I have about 5 more months to wait, or 19 months. I was driving home last night wondering what other things people could
could do in 19 months. I thought up a couple, maybe you have others to add.

1) Have two babies with 30 days to spare
2) Completely serve a sentence for arson or manslaughter 2
or vehicular homicide in Washington State
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,610 Posts
Get 1/2 way through college.
Start a job and then a promotion.
Lease another car for two years and have two cars for 5 more months.

You know, this assumes you'd actually get the Elise in 19 months! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,195 Posts
If I had invested that $2500 deposit in Insteel Industries (Nasdaq: IIIN) back in January, I would now have $39,668 in value.

That would just about cover Symbolic's market value premium. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
758 Posts
Re: Re: Things you could do while you wait.

Allan Gibbs said:
Get 1/2 way through college.
Start a job and then a promotion.
Lease another car for two years and have two cars for 5 more months.

You know, this assumes you'd actually get the Elise in 19 months! ;)
lol :D

I've been waiting about the same time as Sown (I've fried too many brain cells since placing the deposit so I'll have to double check), and I'm not expecting a car till '06.

I'm wondering if I should just get off the list and get first in line for the new model. Probably be a lot quicker :p

Anyways, what could you do in the same amount of time ? By the end of this year, I will have worked on every continent for at least one month :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
724 Posts
things i have done in the time my car has been over due (was supposed to get in june) i have completely cleaned out my half of a 4 car garage at least 3 times (nesting) (2) completely pulled up dining room floor and layed slate tile (3) completely broke up tile floor in bathroom and replaced with black and white checkered tile 2in squares. i have painted 3 entire rooms of my house. mowed entire 2 acre lawn approx 30 times. oct 6 they told me i should have car in 5 weeks. its now 4 weeks later and i still know nothing. zippo notathing. aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Here's something that I should have done. I could have bought a pre-construction townhome, in South Jersey, for somewhere in the 190's. That was the pre construction price up to around a month ago. Now the builder is selling them in the 240's... Could have almost paid for the Elise.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,802 Posts
tala2693 said:
Here's something that I should have done. I could have bought a pre-construction townhome, in South Jersey, for somewhere in the 190's. That was the pre construction price up to around a month ago. Now the builder is selling them in the 240's... Could have almost paid for the Elise.....
Thread hijack, can we say housing bubble? Impending meltdown? Wages haven't even come close to keeping pace with housing prices, so what happens/
Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,270 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
Thread hijack, can we say housing bubble? Impending meltdown? Wages haven't even come close to keeping pace with housing prices, so what happens/
Chris
The frustrating part is that when the bubble does burst and the inflated prices go down the taxation part will lag for quite some time. Ergo, we'll still end up paying higher property tax after the madness is over.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top