The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about changing my mind from red to CO but living in Texas and a black interior doesn't mix very well because it gets so hot inside.

If I could get the tan leather and the CO exterior, I'd probably change.

Would the CO exterior and tan leather interior look OK or would it clash? Anybody have the capabilities of photoshopping those two colors together?

Ken

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Ken,
I think the tan would be OK, but I don't think the combo would really pop like CO and black. Consider one of the shower caps, Sector 111 has them. This will protect your interior from UV and also help to reflect the heat (not sure what colors are available at present)

BTW< You do know that you CAN order the biscuit and CO option
Chris

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
One of the reasons I had hoped Lotus would have an option for a light grey interior :rolleyes: but alas no. It would have been a very nice combination.
I will probably put in some aftermarket seats at a later date

·
Registered
592 Posts
Sorry, but in my mind CO and biscuit does not sound "harmonic". I would definitely want to see it in person before I committed to it.

Of course color is a very personal thing and I am sure some will like it. Someone liked Aztek Bronze enough to commit it to production for the US. Go figure :rolleyes:

·
Registered
92 Posts
agreed. my favorite color is CO, but here in sac we do the 105 degree days to often in summer for a black interior, IMHO. So i'm going with BRG/Tan

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I just saw the CO/Black combo in person a week or so ago (as posted previously), and agree with Chris, it "pops" ! I don't think the same would be true of CO/tan. IMO.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
adamant said:
One of the reasons I had hoped Lotus would have an option for a light grey interior :rolleyes: but alas no. It would have been a very nice combination.
I will probably put in some aftermarket seats at a later date
In Britain they did offer 'Stone' as an interior color. It was a light gray. Who knows when or if it will ever be offered stateside.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Is there anyone on this forum that hates Chrome Orange? It's my least favorite color. I'd rather even have Aztec Bronze than CO. Is there anyone that is with me on this one?

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Joetz said:
Is there anyone on this forum that hates Chrome Orange? It's my least favorite color. I'd rather even have Aztec Bronze than CO. Is there anyone that is with me on this one?
with deference to the COM, i am not a lover of CO. i think it is too much an attention-whore color. not to suggest anybody getting it is an attention whore. i would just feel too conspicuous with CO. there are far worse colors imho. but i will spare the feelings of inert gas and eggplant fans :D

·
Registered
426 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
joetz,
NOPE. certainly the only one on this forum speaking favorably of aztec bronze!!:D

Chris;)
I wasn't, actually. My dislike for Aztec Bronze is exceeded only by Chrome Orange. I just find CO to be very ostentatious

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Photoshop?

Alright I did up a Photochop of your ideas. I couldn't find a proper picture of interior AND exterior, so here's what I did:

I did my best for a Chrome Orange on the car, but you can't see much. The tan interior is pretty close I guess... And to give you a bit of an idea, I plopped a Punto on top of the JPS, the is close to CO. Here it is (IMO it clashes, yes).

http://groups.msn.com/akautostils/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=13

If you give me a proper picture of an Elise which shows inside and paint (any colours), then I can do an accurate PS job.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Joetz said:
I'm against all colors that have no school bus or taxi cab history.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts