The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the car back rather quick from the trans replacement. They did a good job on it. But from the process of getting the car, all the way up until now, I kind of just lost the excitement and stopped caring... I think I might seriously just cut any losses and sell it.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I got the car back rather quick from the trans replacement. They did a good job on it. But from the process of getting the car, all the way up until now, I kind of just lost the excitement and stopped caring... I think I might seriously just cut any losses and sell it.
Not sure if its a good time to sell it. :no: Look at Ebay & Auto-Trader see if they are moving. If you trade it in let us know the number you get from the dealer. What will you get to replace it?

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
I go through this with every car I buy. something ends the Honeymoon and I just lose that lust.
Do what I do.

Take some time off (2 -3 Days)
Spend those days with direct contact with the car.
Go through the car
Take it on the most challenging roads you can find, really thrash the car.
IF you are not all hot and bothered afterword then its time to sell.
I did this with my G35 and my 370Z and was ready to sell afterward. Just spent a weekend with the Evora doing the same and ,Oh Man, she is a keeper. hell i'm still tingling.

by the way this works with relationships too
so far, same classy lady for 30 years:clap:
If the Lotus can even come close to her it will be the last car I will ever need.:D

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Chiro, everything very well said. Including the wife.

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
You'll be sorry cuz the german replacement is going to feel like an appliance in comparison.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Sometimes I've got the same feeling. Car is at the dealer at the moment for a repair. As always, in summer.

I love the car when everything is OK, it's great fun to drive.
But I can't enjoy it when it's at the dealership for the 123134 time.

Sometimes I consider trading it in for an Aston Martin. Completely different animal of course. Not a real sportscar.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I go through this with every car I buy. something ends the Honeymoon and I just lose that lust.
Do what I do.

Take some time off (2 -3 Days)
Spend those days with direct contact with the car.
Go through the car
Take it on the most challenging roads you can find, really thrash the car.
IF you are not all hot and bothered afterword then its time to sell.
I did this with my G35 and my 370Z and was ready to sell afterward. Just spent a weekend with the Evora doing the same and ,Oh Man, she is a keeper. hell i'm still tingling.

by the way this works with relationships too
so far, same classy lady for 30 years:clap:
If the Lotus can even come close to her it will be the last car I will ever need.:D
Not a bad idea I guess.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You'll be sorry cuz the german replacement is going to feel like an appliance in comparison.
My beater is German (E46 3 series) so I know the feeling. Honestly, I don't know if I'd even replace it with anything else. I might need counseling for this "I don't care about cars anymore" phase that is coming on.

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Its OK if the replacement is sex, but otherwise counseling is suggested.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Surprisingly, I'm getting kind of bored with mine, as well. The excitement and newness has worn off. I treat it just like any car... I eat drive-thru in it, so I'm sure there's a few refugee french fries under the seat. I've got rogue CD's moving around in the back seat... I've washed the car 4 times since I bought it in April.

I bought the car thinking I just bought a vehicle I wouldn't need to upgrade anything on and I've already found myself going back to my old habits of air intakes, exhausts, etc.

It's because I see it all the time. You show me a hot chick and I'll show you a guy that's tired of doing her.

I have a detail scheduled for this weekend. Maybe that will get me out of my funk.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Switch out the Exhaust, add the CAI if you haven't already, take it to the track, remember why you wanted her in the first place :)

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
My beater is German (E46 3 series) so I know the feeling. Honestly, I don't know if I'd even replace it with anything else. I might need counseling for this "I don't care about cars anymore" phase that is coming on.
interest and priorities change.. aint nothing wrong with that - honestly, if its not a race now, i just don't care much anymore - i am googling RV's and tow vehicles these days... lol

congrats on getting the work done so fast! surprising to me, really! - that should encourage you that the maintenance will not be a horrible experience?

another option is to put it up for sale at a price that is meaningful to you - and no pressure, if its sells you got what you wanted, if it doesn't, keeping it is not a bad way to go either!

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I warned ya, didn't I? :thwack: :rolleyes:

It's lots of work but that's what you bought. Lots of work. I hope you didn't pay as much for it as I did.

It's still a damn good ride. I'm just pissed that the quality was so damn sh*tty, when I was told "hey the reliability of this car is great, it even has a toyota motor". That and the response to my question about the S model--"We'll have an SC kit in a year, unlike Elise owners who had to wait a very very long time". Instead I had 40+ problems to fix and still no SC kit. Thanks Lotus!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Surprisingly, I'm getting kind of bored with mine, as well. The excitement and newness has worn off. I treat it just like any car...

Well I can tell you that one word BORED:wallbang: has cost me a lot of money over the years. 41 cars since 2001. From March 2011 to March 2012. I Sold my E60 V10 M5 for a 11 Audi S4 3 months later traded it for a 2011 ZCP E90 M3, then bought the wife 2012 BMW X3 then sold the M3 in March for my new 11 Evora and picked up a new VW for my DD. Call me $$$$TADTS

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll take it out over the weekend and have a little fun... which in Orlando equals finding those 3 turns in the whole city that you like... then I'll research the going rates for them. Hmmm.... since there is a new trans, does that mean that the break-in period has reset for it?

·
Registered
396 Posts
which in Orlando equals finding those 3 turns in the whole city that you like
QFT! If we Floridians were only able to do some of those "canyon runs" that everyone talks about, we'd probably enjoy our Evoras even more. I have to drive 20 minutes to get to a nice rural chicane (which I do more than I'd like to admit).

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Here in Tulsa I have every cloverleaf off ramp and fun little corner memorized. Guess I need to get out to a track day!

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
gwkoch: I have done the exact same thing here in the OKC area. I know all the fun banked corners, onramps, clover leafs, etc. within a 40 mile radius. It is probably why I already have 13k miles on my car in a year where I haven't had it the whole year.

Love driving this car. :)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts