The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
ekological said:
As luck would have it, all track schools were either sold out or didn't allow "convertibles". I've asked many local clubs about the eligibility of the Elise and they always say, "We'll get back to you," but never do. Being unable to attend the same track events with my friends is just going to suck.
I feel your pain; however, not to the extent of selling the car. Our local tracks (WGI, SP, LR, MO, BR, VIR) are all pretty tough on convertibles. However, I don't consider the Elise a convertable, it's a targa. Just like many Corvettes our there (and the new C6).

I only reason I got the hardtop was for the track. I think it will solve your problem too.

Good luck.

·
Registered
140 Posts
When you say "track people", do you mean the brass at BMWCCA or at the individual tracks? At ACNA, we defer to the track for rulings such as these. . . . .

·
Registered
140 Posts
It all comes down to the clubs insurance. For example, if a track won't allow a car, but the club does, then the club is in essence accepting some liability. Looks like we should do some more research. . . . .

How does your club treat convertibles with hard tops on?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.