The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a buddy that just put some vleds.com H7 LEDs in his Triumph 675R and they look really great! I'm considering putting them in my '07 Exige.

The control box is really small compared to an HID ballast, which makes them that much lighter and easier to mount. My concern is the size of the heatsink/fan unit. From pictures, it does seem like there is enough room to accommodate it but figured I'd post up to see if anyone has had any experience with a system like this already. Also, For ~$130, it seems pretty worth the gamble though...

·
Registered
945 Posts
I have a buddy that just put some vleds.com H7 LEDs in his Triumph 675R and they look really great! I'm considering putting them in my '07 Exige.

The control box is really small compared to an HID ballast, which makes them that much lighter and easier to mount. My concern is the size of the heatsink/fan unit. From pictures, it does seem like there is enough room to accommodate it but figured I'd post up to see if anyone has had any experience with a system like this already. Also, For ~$130, it seems pretty worth the gamble though...
It looks like there's one emitter, and it's on the "side" of the bulb. That, combined with the "not recommended for projector headlamps" on that page makes me think that you might not get a good beam pattern even if they do fit, but I wouldn't know for sure without trying.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks like there's one emitter, and it's on the "side" of the bulb. That, combined with the "not recommended for projector headlamps" on that page makes me think that you might not get a good beam pattern even if they do fit, but I wouldn't know for sure without trying.
I didn't think the "not recommended for projector headlamps" would be an issue because, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Exiges don't have a true projector housing. They use a reflector/projector combo so the lamp light flows to the reflector first, then concentrates through the projector, not directly out.

You are right though, might not be any better way to find out than just to try them...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts