The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just test drove an 06 today with 30k miles. The car sounds great and drove great. My only concern is the dealer doesn't know all the features it came with. Is there anyway for me to find out what features it has outside the obvious?
I know it has traction control and power windows.

Also, any gotchas I should look out for on the 06? Perhaps areas where leaks are typical?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Call Lotus Cars USA (in Duluth, GA); very nice lady there told my husband what was on our car before I bought it for him.( a Ford Dealer had it!):crazyeyes

Need VIN # and call 1-800-24-LOTUS
or 770-476-6540

·
Registered
431 Posts
I just test drove an 06 today with 30k miles. The car sounds great and drove great. My only concern is the dealer doesn't know all the features it came with. Is there anyway for me to find out what features it has outside the obvious?
I know it has traction control and power windows.

Also, any gotchas I should look out for on the 06? Perhaps areas where leaks are typical?

Thanks in advance.

Since it has power windows, it must have leather and if that's the case, it has Touring Pack.

You already know it has Traction Control so we'll skip that.

If the wheels are double spoke and the tires are Yokohama A048's, chances are you have Sport Pack.

If you see a clear film on the nose, rocker panels, rear and side view mirrors, most likely you have Star Shield (look for the Lotus logo on the film to confirm).

Hard Top, should be obvious.

If the suspensions are red in color, possibility that you have Track Pack.

Visually, it's hard to tell if you have LSD and you might have to do something with the car to tell if you have it or not which you probably do not want to do.

All in all, like the previous post said, call Lotus USA, Inc. ;)

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try calling Lotus tomorrow morning (since they are closed on weekends).

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are some pics I took today while the dealership was closed. Do you gurus see any distinguishing things to show the upgrades it has?

Right side:

Left front wheel:

Left Rear brake:

Left rear shock:

And a big nasty chip on the underside of the front clam which the dealer has offered to fix.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gorgeous car! Unfortunately I'm not looking for black exterior and prefer black interior.

·
Registered
64 Posts
the car has the sport package for sure judging by the wheels and shocks.

So now we're up to:
sport
touring
traction control (included in sport?)

·
Registered
64 Posts
By the way, there are two VERY nicely priced 06's that I saw on autotrader around Illinois. If I were ready to buy right now I would give them a serious look, although I don't know the story behind them. They appear to have clean titles and reasonable miles, one for $31k and one for $33k IIRC.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Jimmy -- I thought you were an integral part of I-75.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
By the way, there are two VERY nicely priced 06's that I saw on autotrader around Illinois. If I were ready to buy right now I would give them a serious look, although I don't know the story behind them. They appear to have clean titles and reasonable miles, one for $31k and one for $33k IIRC.
Thanks for the tip Jimmy. I caught them as well. I am about to leave to drive the one pictured to get ECU dumped today. If the numbers are decent, I'll be a very excited Elise owner :)

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
The original owner obviously used it as a DD and opted to put...Goodyears ...on it. If you want it to handle like it originally did, switch back to AO48's

1 - 13 of 13 Posts