The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about buying a used 2008 elise with about 800 miles that rolled off the lot exactly one year ago. I live about 250 miles from this car so have not actually touched it yet, but would before buying. It isn't being sold by a lotus dealer.

This issue is that it has not had it's first service yet. I couldn't possibly get this done for 2 weeks, meaning I would have to drive it home and back to a dealer. I live between 2 dealers, each about 280 miles away. Assuming I could keep it in my garage without driving it for that time, it would have a minimum of 1400 miles on it by the time it was serviced. Is that mileage still within the tolerance of the warranty?

I searched and didn't find exactly what I needed.

scott

·
Registered
278 Posts
You should be fine.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
The thing is as complicated as a hammer, which is one of the best aspects of the car. You will be fine.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
the "first" service is the much maligned "ecu dump service" and the debate over weather Lotus can require it the way they claim to.

anyways - getting that first service done in the milage and time frame is no problem, you may however want to get the car looked over by a lotus service center(dealer) prior to purchase, and get an ecu dump at that time (wich you can do at anytime, not just at service intervals)

there are some very rare instances where warranty has been denied due to bad ecu history.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks to all for your info

nm

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
You can probably have the first service done at 800 miles - or at least, drive it around for some hours, then take it back and have it done at 900 miles...

Or, worst case, you can have the 1,000 mile check done later - say at 1,200 or 1,400 miles. It has been done before....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts