The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the car 8 months ago and because it is 1 of 1, i planed on keeping it the rest of my life. When i got the car i sent it to fox valley to replace all fluids, new turbos, timing belt, etc. $7500 worth. I have put alittle over 6k miles on it. I have heard that if they sit, that is when you start to get problems. I have also installed a red race chip from p.u.k. and twin hks bov's. Anyways now the reason i need to sell...getting a divorce. My choice but i do not have any kids and i want them...but the wife does not. She knew i have been looking at v8 lotus for 5 yrs now, so she suggested to get the car and it would take my mind off of having kids. Worked for awhile, but just a temporary fix. It would be bad ass to be a bachelor for awhile with this car...but i turn 37 on August 22 so time is running out.

·
Registered
667 Posts
How are you going to pick up the new wife? Might want to keep it for a little while... ;)

All joking aside, hope you can work it out without getting a divorce, but I guess do what you have to do. Best of luck.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Keep the car, and get a new wife and kids too! The reason I say this is b/c some of the best times I have are when I take my 8 yr. old son on trips in the esprit, car runs and car shows. I know you are a few yrs. away from this, but having a supercar and a young son (maybe daughter too, but my daughter is too much into cheerleading) gives you a good hobby to teach your son and enjoy.

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
Yea, not good to lose a wife and car at the same time, but you will have to buy her out of the car, and that may not work for you financially.

If you are financially healthy, keep the Esprit. You don't want to be single without it. Men and women are biologically programmed, and some try to deny their instincts, but they are still there. Whoever you date, one of the first questions their friends are going to ask her: "What kind of car does he drive?"

·
Registered
308 Posts
...Men and women are biologically programmed, and some try to deny their instincts, but they are still there. Whoever you date, one of the first questions their friends are going to ask her: "What kind of car does he drive?"
There is profound wisdom in this comment ;) I agree completely.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I guess, if you're into gold diggers.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
I bought the car 8 months ago and because it is 1 of 1, i planed on keeping it the rest of my life. When i got the car i sent it to fox valley to replace all fluids, new turbos, timing belt, etc. $7500 worth. I have put alittle over 6k miles on it. I have heard that if they sit, that is when you start to get problems. I have also installed a red race chip from p.u.k. and twin hks bov's. Anyways now the reason i need to sell...getting a divorce. My choice but i do not have any kids and i want them...but the wife does not. She knew i have been looking at v8 lotus for 5 yrs now, so she suggested to get the car and it would take my mind off of having kids. Worked for awhile, but just a temporary fix. It would be bad ass to be a bachelor for awhile with this car...but i turn 37 on August 22 so time is running out.
No offense but most females won't know what a 2000 Lotus Esprit is (most men won't know much about one either). As relatively inexpensive as it is I can't see why you'd sell it.

If you need to sell the Lotus you probably can't afford kids. They are far more expensive and require a lot more upkeep (maintenance). They'll be in your home until you're 55+ years old.

If you get divorced tomorrow, marry your new dream girl and knock her up next week you'll still be 38 when your first kid is born. That means you'll be 50+ when your first kid hits 13. Not a great scenario. You with your bum knee trying to keep up with young and spry children.

Careful what you wish for, you might get it.

San

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
I guess, if you're into gold diggers.
That's the rub Sanj -- they are all programmed to respond instinctually to the "top dog." The top dog has the top cars. Cars are the man's "plumage" used to attract females as animals in the wild. Have you ever noticed that the male animals are much better looking and ornate? It's the same with human instincts.

It's not me talking. It's actual behavioral science.

Even if you want the non-gold digger, wax the Lotus and make sure you drive it to that date.

And yes, a Lotus Esprit in good condition looks like a $200K car. So it's the best bang for the buck in the dating game.

I always tell my single guy friends it's always better to display wealth than to demostrate it. Flying women to Italy for dinner on the first date is just money down the drain. Buying an Esprit is money well spent.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I bought the car 8 months ago and because it is 1 of 1, i planed on keeping it the rest of my life.
I'm curious, what makes it one of one? :confused:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you to everyone... it would be a bad ass car to have chasing woman and lots of them, but clock is ticking. I am 37 in less than two weeks and i already have my eye on a 26 yr old with one 8 yr old girl. She says it looks like a delorean...I told her i have already had a delorean and showed her the pictures. Now she knows the difference. For the car shows i have taken it to 5 and won 3 already.

·
Premium Member
6,784 Posts
Front end doubles as a ramp, you know the ones for sale in back of Motor trend. :D Your choice!

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
Let's see the pics of the car? I wanna see the shade of red they put in there.

·
Registered
184 Posts
If you need to sell the Lotus you probably can't afford kids. They are far more expensive and require a lot more upkeep (maintenance).
AMEN! Love my kids, but I just spent over 3 grand on them over the last two months (food, car repairs, etc.).... that's not including the college costs. Now it's book buying season. $400 and counting, next comes fall tuition.... You really want kids? LOL

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
AMEN! Love my kids, but I just spent over 3 grand on them over the last two months (food, car repairs, etc.).... that's not including the college costs. Now it's book buying season. $400 and counting, next comes fall tuition.... You really want kids? LOL
Reasoning and logic don't work on these topics. There is no good reason tha I just bought a V8. But I did!

It's even worse with women.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts