The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been toying around with the idea of selling my Esprit, the other day I took some photos of it. I decided to list it in a few places on the internet as well as on this site as well in the Classifieds section.

Im thinking of another Lotus, maybe an Exige S, or another exotic, dare I say the F word.

Its still my favorite car, I still cant stop staring at it, its the most incredible looking car, but I think im just ready for something else.

Its going to be hard to part with for me I think. I dont think my wife is too fond of getting in and out of it though, and I can tell she never liked it much, she's like jumping for joy I believe inside, although she wont tell me.

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
Since you brought it up...Usually wives don't like cars because us guys focus all our attention/money on them. Not saying that's your situation (it is mine) but it could be something other than getting in and out. So whatever you get next, you might have the same problem and no Esprit.

Also, the styling changes you made are very personal and might make it harder to sell. If you can return it to stock that should up your sales price and reduce the time to sell.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've decided after much thought (and people started contacting me about it) to keep my Esprit. I have too much of me in it to sell it. So I've decided to stay a Lotus guy for awhile longer. I never get attached to cars, but then I've never wanted a car as long as I wanted my Esprit either. I think I had to start getting interest in it to realize that I dont want to sell it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yeah, I saw the auction on ebay and I got mad that you were selling the car after putting so much into her in the past year. We both got our Esprits around the same time last year so you're not allowed to sell until we have a group agreement.. Esprit Brotherhood for life!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Yeah, I saw the auction on ebay and I got mad that you were selling the car after putting so much into her in the past year. We both got our Esprits around the same time last year so you're not allowed to sell until we have a group agreement.. Esprit Brotherhood for life!
Yes! Dont sell without a full consultation with the Esprit Therapists. We can hlep you change your mind. rotfl

That being said, I MUST have a Ferrari 308 or maybe a 348. Just have to save up, aint selling the Lotus to do it. Nuh Uh.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts