The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep - the Lotus-Eater may be finding a new home ;)

Seriously - I'm looking at a couple of things - if I am going to continue to drive the car to the track, I am looking at something I can stuff tires and other gear in. Something like this

If I continue to tow, I need to buy a trailer and would like to go with something that can fit a real cage, or at least something with some protection other than a roll bar - I'm thinking Exige Cup, 211 or a caged super 7.

Anyway - bottom line is that the MX5, as nasty fast as it is, is just a little too compromised be uber-convenient, and a little too road worthy to be ultra-safe and fast, so I need to choose my poison, but I'd love to find an enthusiastic home for the mX5. If anyone has any interest, PM me and we'll see what we can come up with.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Get the 2-11. I need to take a few laps in one and Al isn't bringing his up to Harris Hill (yet?)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Can you share a little bit more about your Miata?
I sold mine a few month back, and now I want to buy another one. I miss it too much...

Elise is fun and all, but the fact that Miata can be driven anywhere and parked anywhere is hard o beat.

Yep - the Lotus-Eater may be finding a new home ;)

Seriously - I'm looking at a couple of things - if I am going to continue to drive the car to the track, I am looking at something I can stuff tires and other gear in. Something like this

If I continue to tow, I need to buy a trailer and would like to go with something that can fit a real cage, or at least something with some protection other than a roll bar - I'm thinking Exige Cup, 211 or a caged super 7.

Anyway - bottom line is that the MX5, as nasty fast as it is, is just a little too compromised be uber-convenient, and a little too road worthy to be ultra-safe and fast, so I need to choose my poison, but I'd love to find an enthusiastic home for the mX5. If anyone has any interest, PM me and we'll see what we can come up with.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you share a little bit more about your Miata?
I sold mine a few month back, and now I want to buy another one. I miss it too much...

Elise is fun and all, but the fact that Miata can be driven anywhere and parked anywhere is hard o beat.
Sure - it's not really a driver though - it's pretty thoroughly a track car. White with red racing buckets, harnesses, full intake/header/exhaust, clutch-type Mazdaspeed LSD (as opposed to the factory TORSEN type) and a Mazdaspeed bodykit (very subtle), Ohlins adjustable coilovers.

More than a match for a normally aspirated Elise on track, but less functional as a driver. That said, if you swapped the original seats in you'd have a really freaking nice 2008 MX5 :)

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Ill give you $10K for it, and please dont say you will take it because then Ill have to buy it and beat your H2R time in it.. :D

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Oh - were you serious? By all means - apologies. I figured you were kidding :)
Well I'm serious in that I would love to have it if:

1. The price is right.
2. My wife will let me.
3. It's still street legal, right?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I'm serious in that I would love to have it if:

1. The price is right.
2. My wife will let me.
3. It's still street legal, right?
It's still street legal. Swap the regular seats in and put the trim pieces back where the roll bar is and you'd have a nice street car.

Can't help you with 2, and feel free to PM me with what your range is on 1. We might be able to work out some "de contenting" to meet your budget depending on what you had in mind.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Could you throw up two or three pics, along with the model year, mileage, list of mods, etc. so I can show my lovely wife?

·
Registered
460 Posts
It is a nice looking mx5... And fast too. :D
Yep, I got to agree with LordZ on this a clean, fast car with the right driver.

I'd certainly be tempted, but my current track rat '99 Miata is about to get a suspension upgrade done to it (Tein adjustable coil overs, new bushings, sway bars, adjustable endlinks) that should help matters.

Besides if I showed up with another car / toy I'd be sleeping in it for a few months.

But Geezer's Miata..... wow that's got celebrity history in it.... and the speed is already built in! ;)

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
For those who don't know, this car is faster than a stock Exige S... I would seriously consider buying this car if I had a place to put it. 4 cars at the house already though.

·
Registered
48 Posts
James, I'm interested. You have my email, send me some pics and let's get together so I can check it out better. How ironic that I find out you're selling it the day after I bought new shocks, springs, and bumpstops for my Miata!

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
James, I'm interested. You have my email, send me some pics and let's get together so I can check it out better. How ironic that I find out you're selling it the day after I bought new shocks, springs, and bumpstops for my Miata!
I believe Geezer is in Hawaii for a few weeks, so if you dont hear back from him for a while that is why.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Can't fit a cage in a Miata? Huh? I have 6 with full SCCA cages, one of which I have tested pretty thoroughly and still drive. Now I am building a Elise-based track car, but the cage is much more complicated indeed.

And while a Mini is nice, FWD will never have the performance envelope of RWD.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts