The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LOVE the car, but it's really just a toy for me, and now have an SL55 on the way, so out of garage and driveway space. Thought about putting in a lift, but it just might become artwork up there and never get driven.

Anyone interested? It's Storm titanium, touring package, sticker was I think $43,500 or so, I paid CONSIDERABLY more to get the first car in Dallas, looking for offers.

PICS ON THIS THREAD

p.s. the car is located in Dallas, and it has about 600 something miles on it.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
try selling it on the porsche board, some of the guys there may be interested.

I think you're making a mistake though. The SL55 is a piece of crap. We've already had two that were bought back by Mercedes.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I'm a bit on the fence about it, heard some horror stories. Haven't had any problems with the e55 though. I really like the way the SL drives.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
MJC123 said:
Ya I'm a bit on the fence about it, heard some horror stories. Haven't had any problems with the e55 though. I really like the way the SL drives.
have you looked at the SL600? People seem to have had better luck with those. The SL is my mom's car. We are now on our 3rd and are back to an SL500. It has been perfect so far. The AMG cars seem to be underengineered for the power they put in them. In particular with the SL you can literally feel the engine pulling the entire car apart. By 1000 miles the thing rattles like it is held together by string, especially the top.

EDIT: my neighbor had the same problems with his wife's SL55 and now has an SL600 that has been problem free.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
offroadr35 said:
used cars seem to be selling for the same however. Most cars on ebay go for about 49.
very true. the cars aren't depreciating much at all right now. supposedly there are a higher number of cars on the way than what we've seen these first few months so availability may go up. if one wanted the top dollar for his/her elise, it would be prudent to sell right now rather than wait jmho

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
MSRP - $5k

1 - 13 of 13 Posts