The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Long time reader of the forum and owner of my beautiful SY 05 Elise..
I starting to think I would be happier in an Exige? :confused:
I thinking of making the move soon have an Idea of what I would like...
I have a nice SY 05 with "Gloss back" rims and a custom exhaust...
no frills about 27500mi hard and soft tops...
and looking for a Chrome Orange, or White Exige any year with black rims :evil:
I'm thinking of removing the wing and doing a soft top conversion....
what do you think.....
oh.. anything over 200hp is a plus....:shift:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Its pretty much the same car unless you buy the supercharged version. Just roof and down force differences really.

Just have a supercharger installed on your elise.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I agree. Driven both on and off track. Really not that much difference. I chose Elise for the open roof option. For most of us the added downforce on the Exige is not that big a difference on track. I still prefer the look of the Exige overall.

Instead of losing big $$$ on your trade, just add the supercharger to the Elise and enjoy!

·
Registered
81 Posts
The only reason I would sell my Elise for an Exige is because the Exige looks meaner. But if you are going to take off the wing and hardtop on the Exige, it starts to look more like an Elise anyways. Not sure what you are trying to accomplish here.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Well, he'll basically end up with an ugly version of the Elise after the removal of the wing and hardtop, and then he also can't see out the back.. by all means, do it!!! You'll be happy spending extra money for a worse car..

I can see taking off the wing as a bad idea since you'll have too much downforce in the front with not enough in the back making the car a big tail happy.

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
+1234

Drop a blower in the Elise....that's what I will do eventually

If you want the looks of the Exige...just change the grills to mesh, add a front lip (what I have done so far)
You can also have a shop take the rear tail light fins off and fill it in to look like an Exige.
The rear visibility is key for me in the Elise....just keep the Elise or mod it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts