The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone - I've had my 08 Elise for 6 or 7 years now, and have absolutely loved it!
My use has changed in the past few years, so have priorities... Years ago, as a younger single guy, I loved the car for quick weekend road trips and evenings out. Never been into track or racing - just a great drive. My lovely wife now fills the passenger seat, leaving little room for a weekend duffle bag - were both wishing for a bit more space, and a bit more comfortable seats...etc. Because of that, the car only made it out of the garage 3 times last year and so far once this year, just doesn't get used as it should! Thinking we will be looking for a more "mature" car. I have yet to sit in one or see one in real life, but based on the comparative threads here I think we are going to start investigating Evora's. Love the lotus community, but could potentially look at other beasts as well.

This thread is multi fold:

A - Is there anyone in the northeast / new england area with an Evora (ideally GT, 400...etc?) that would want to provide some guidance and info? Maybe a meet up? I'd LOVE to see one in person. Bonus points if you've had an Elise before! I've never been a car show, never been to a cars and coffee. My one other lotus friend (other than you all!) is 3000 miles away.

B - POWER is important. Can anyone comment specifically on coming from an elise SC (factory or otherwise) to an Evora NA vs SC version? I am a big forced induction guy, so my gut says that will be a requirement on whatever I end up with next. But maybe the torque of a V6 will suffice

Any other info or pointers would be great, without starting another elise vs evora debate!

Thanks!
Chad

Attachments

·
Registered
1,763 Posts

A - Is there anyone in the northeast / new england area with an Evora (ideally GT, 400...etc?) that would want to provide some guidance and info? Maybe a meet up? I'd LOVE to see one in person. Bonus points if you've had an Elise before! I've never been a car show, never been to a cars and coffee. My one other lotus friend (other than you all!) is 3000 miles away.

B - POWER is important. Can anyone comment specifically on coming from an elise SC (factory or otherwise) to an Evora NA vs SC version? I am a big forced induction guy, so my gut says that will be a requirement on whatever I end up with next. But maybe the torque of a V6 will suffice

Any other info or pointers would be great, without starting another elise vs evora debate!
A- Being that friend 3000 miles away - I can't help much. But to any Evora owners out there, in MA area - Chad's awesome, send him a note, meet up with him... help a brother out.

B- The power difference is an interesting questions. Per the stat lines, the GT (my car) has roughly the same 0-60 and lap times as the outgoing Exige - which is similar enough to an Elise SC. But the car FEELS way faster, because it has way more torque, and all of that torque lower in the RPM range. You don't have to rev it to the moon to find speed. Power is there from about 2k RPM, and builds from there.

Not having to rev it to the moon, will make that power more prevalent for your use-case, not being on the track or AutoX scene.

I own both, and love both. But the Evora is, I think your natural next step. The steering feel is a little less than the Elise you're coming out of, but that'll be true no matter what your next car is. The Evora handles amazingly, and has more room. It's also easier to get in and out of, and I stick my two kids in the back, wife in the front. It's truly a dual duty car for us, and it's awesome.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi everyone - I've had my 08 Elise for 6 or 7 years now, and have absolutely loved it!
My use has changed in the past few years, so have priorities... Years ago, as a younger single guy, I loved the car for quick weekend road trips and evenings out. Never been into track or racing - just a great drive. My lovely wife now fills the passenger seat, leaving little room for a weekend duffle bag - were both wishing for a bit more space, and a bit more comfortable seats...etc. Because of that, the car only made it out of the garage 3 times last year and so far once this year, just doesn't get used as it should! Thinking we will be looking for a more "mature" car. I have yet to sit in one or see one in real life, but based on the comparative threads here I think we are going to start investigating Evora's. Love the lotus community, but could potentially look at other beasts as well.

Thanks!
Chad
If you were to sell your car now, the prices are pretty high and a couple of them have recently sold on bring a trailer.com in the low 60s.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have the exact same 60th anniversary Elise as you (same color even). To borrow a line from Porsche, "there is no substitute" for the Elise. Anything you get, even an Evora, is going to be a disappointment in my humble opinion. But if you MUST get something more family-friendly, I think a manual Evora would probably be your best choice if you can't wait another year or so for an Emira. Just my two cents worth. Probably not worth much more than that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts