The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bloody hell... what a March. My 2006 Elise has been hit and run twice while parallel parked in the past month (one drivers side, one passenger side) and then last night some crack head smashed my passenger side window, stole my Ipod, scratched the paint and put little cuts in the leather on my seats and door panel.

Is it just me or is this car a bit of a nightmare.

What's the cost of a side window?

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Man that sucks. Time to get lotus trimshop to replace your slashed seats. BTW Parallel parking is asking for a cracked clam.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
There was someone on here selling a window for $100 I think.. I think it was Brian, arcticlightning or something like that

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I feel horrible for you, honest, but... well, obviously, -you- parked it in the wrong place. Pay money for a real parking space in a nearby building or something.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
I feel horrible for you, honest, but... well, obviously, -you- parked it in the wrong place. Pay money for a real parking space in a nearby building or something.
+1 check around your neighborhood for condos/apartment buildings that might have extra spaces for rent, or even a homeowner willing to rent out garage space. My old neighbor used to park 2 of his cars in an apartment building next door to him and even had a remote for their door.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've got underground parking, the break in was at my girlfriends on the street. The first hit and run was at the bank, I was inside for 10 minutes. The other was outside a nightclub, I was parked curbside and somebody side swiped me taking off my side marker. I've owned 29 different cars during the past 13 years and never has a car caused me such grief.

People think I'm driving a 100k plus exotic, not realizing it's worth about as much as their pick up truck.

Calgary has lots of young money and people tend to have huge jealousy issues around here. My friend parked his yellow 355 spider downtown and in under an hour it got spat in, somebody tossed half a pop in the car, and a dirty tissue... good times.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
wow, just wow... :(

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
wow! i thought Canada was all song and dance and maple syrup with none of the crime problems we have in the States.

I was in Calgary last year but no problems. I was however in a Toyota Martix from Hertz :p

sorry to hear about your woes. but you've probably gotten your bad carma out of the way so hopefully you have a couple years of clear sailing.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
To donate his car or to get the parts he needs?? :D
With all his recent problems, I'd say that's a 50/50 bet at this point!

I had a Datsun 200SX-it was a great car except that the dirt bags in the area where I lived in college always chose to break out the power "opera" window to see if there was loose change or a piece of gum in there...I replaced four in two years. The local salvage yard would call me when another wrecked 200SX came in and I'd go pull the little windows. In advance...I only got stuck with one extra.

Hang in there, willhogan!

Tom

1 - 15 of 15 Posts