The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that this board has under 340 users... which is quite strange.

I am on a large number of message boards with well over 1000 users, and it's rare even on those boards to see more than 5-6 people on at one time. Elisetalk has 5-6 people on every time I come here... I was just thinking and I'm sure that the reason for this is that we are all overly obsessed with this car. :D

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Be honest Mike, how often do you think about the car? I bet I'm not too far off. I may decide to take a leave if I'm to accomplish any work this year.

- J

PS: Larger boards are not a good thing. The smaller ones that I belong to have a higher concentration of knowledgable and civil contributors. Eventually, the larger boards turn into forums asking which rims to buy next, or how to fit a 15" subwoofer in the trunk. I am hoping that this board will have a large portion of technical threads once the cars arrive.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I don't know... I think I'm at the perfect level of obsession with this car. Maybe not enough.

Cade

(written as I foam at the mouth...:D )

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
The number of lurkers/readers here is pretty high.

I agree that a smaller but higher quality of posters is a better thing. Forums are interesting in how they develop. I work with different size ones. I expect this one will get to having 50-100 people online during normal hours. We have been around 20-30 for most hours now.

I am hoping that this board will have a large portion of technical threads once the cars arrive.
That is my intention. And part of my frustration is just waiting without being able to post technical articles. But once the cars get here...there will be how-tos...meets...competition...and more.

And of course, RacyTracy will hit 5000 posts.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts

I agree that a smaller but higher quality of posters is a better thing. Forums are interesting in how they develop. I work with different size ones. I expect this one will get to having 50-100 people online during normal hours. We have been around 20-30 for most hours now.

That is my intention. And part of my frustration is just waiting without being able to post technical articles. But once the cars get here...there will be how-tos...meets...competition...and more.

News Update!!! Randy predicts future!!!!! Any ideas for lottery numbers??

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I can also predict a few more things for the forum. Some are good. Some... well...

Anyway... where did the last 5 years go?

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
RT must be just about finished reading the entire internet.

congrats, please send me the abridged version. ;-)

·
Registered
3,000 Posts

And of course, RacyTracy will hit 5000 posts.
RacyTracy joins the board two years later, five years after that the technical posters are outnumbered by the wannabees by 120:1 (yeah, I'm technical, just not about cars)

RacyTracy hits 5,000 posts and the internet takes a 3 1/2 hour break after locking all the Starbucks so their staff can learn how to spell Barista. rotfl

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
I knew she'd hit 5K before me !......

2025: Starbucks lowers their prices to 15.00 a cup !

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
I knew she'd hit 5K before me !......

2025: Starbucks lowers their prices to 15.00 a cup !
Dude, you've been chasing her for months now... :evil:

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Dude, you've been chasing her for months now... :evil:
Umm......... years even ! ( SHE was chasing ME at Grattan tho !! ) haha

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
RT must be just about finished reading the entire internet.

congrats, please send me the abridged version. ;-)

RacyTracy, was this you??rotfl

1 - 17 of 17 Posts