1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Derek said:
Great, now maybe we can get details:D
The conspiracy theorist is me wonders a couple of things:

1. Why do his customers need to hurry? This could'nt be a "first come first serve" situation could it?

2. Does Atlanta's proximity to LCU have anything to do with this?

3. Why on earth would'nt Lotus have ordered the equivalent of a "blast fax" to all it's dealers at once?

It's good news that ordering time is here, but I'm just sayin....

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Wha... huh?

I just called Newport European and there isn't any news about ordering yet. But apparently they had some Elises (that are probably destined for the LA Auto Show) go through their service department: Ardent Red, Silver, Nightfall Blue, Bordeaux Red...

I guess we get to wait! But considering I'm 43rd on the list, I'm waiting regardless of what happens!

Bob K.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
If I was customer number 87, I don't think I would want to place my order right now, unless my car can be delivered within a couple of months. What's the point of getting all excited and then having you deposit commited and waiting.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
As near as I can tell from the Rimstock site www.rimstock.co.uk, the 7 twin spoke wheels (mentioned in the letter) are their 'Omega' wheel. It's pretty sweet looking, and if it's as light as the rest of their range, about 6.5 kgs.

Cade

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
If it's the Omega wheel, then I'm getting the LSS. :drooooool:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Sports pack; forged clear anodized alloy wheels by Rimstock, 7 twin spoke design with front 6.5x16 and rear 7.5 x 17. Track tuned suspension with ride height adjustable. Yoko A048R tires(front 195/50/16 and rear 225/45/17. wheels provide "significant" weight savings
Interesting.. No OZ wheels?

Rimstock.. Hmm.. Can't say I'm too thrilled about that brand. Together with brands like TSW it's more of a 'budget' type wheel manufacturer.

They used to use Rimstock wheels on the S1 and Exige, but I know several of those cracked their spokes...

For the rest it seems to be the S2 LSS setup.

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Can't find that wheel - "omega" - on the rimstock website - gotta link?

Is krypton green the lime/electric green? If so I am all over that - It is so gaudy - I will have the most obnoxious/head turning car on the street..can't wait!

Lastly, how different are storm titanium and graphite grey? Seem pretty close to the same to me.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
After looking at the different greens on this forum's color chart - the lime green I like - the electric green I don't - guess we will wait for LA!

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
This is the Omega

Attachments

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Randy,
What are you doing up this early???

I'm glad Lotus was able to keep the price pretty close to the promised price from 2 years ago. Especially in view of the crappy exchange rate dollar to pound!

Me, I'm gettin ardent red, biscuit interior touring package. So no one else order that setup ok??

Chris;)

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Isn't the life of tyres on LSS short when used for daily driving? If so, then do we need to get stock wheels for daily use and save the LSS wheels for track?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts