The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
No lightweight delete option. Good for serious autocrossers who don't want to give up ac.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Prolene said:
No lightweight delete option. Good for serious autocrossers who don't want to give up ac.
We have heard that this option will be available in fall 2004. I agree with you though, I would rather not have the option available for my own purposes. :)

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Thanks, Randy.

$45K seems to cover the base car plus tax and license. I'm probably adding hard top plus touring package.

I don't think I'm getting any birthday or Xmas presents for the next few years.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
jml1952 said:
Thanks, Randy.

$45K seems to cover the base car plus tax and license. I'm probably adding hard top plus touring package.

I don't think I'm getting any birthday or Xmas presents for the next few years.
I am eating Top Ramen. :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yes, the sports package IS and WILL be legal for stock class. It is a factory installed OPTION.....If it was dealer installed it would not be legal for stock class

·
Registered
187 Posts
Randy,

I am looking over the options......I do not see LIMITED SLIP Anyware.......Bummer.....

The price has increased slightly as well.....Looks like it will cost MORE than my Boxster did.....I might look into leasing this one...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Randy,

At 45K with the sports package and I am hoping the limited slip for 1500.....that soft top better work really well......

Right now you can pick up an 03 Z06 for 44K......Decisions, Decisions.....Including the optional butt wiper.... :>))

Happy Holidays everyone.....

Take lots of pictures at the LA Show....Hope the ground stops moving out there.....

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Great info, from the dealer install list, sounds like Lotus has been listening to us. On the LSS package any ideas of the range for ride height, from the UK specs I've seen it as high as 4.75". We might be taking it for granted & most likely we can get the LSS with touring package, which I most likely will order.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
elise77 said:
Randy,

I am looking over the options......I do not see LIMITED SLIP Anyware.......Bummer.....

The price has increased slightly as well.....Looks like it will cost MORE than my Boxster did.....I might look into leasing this one...
Hey Pat, I keep hearing rumors about an LSD option, but I don't see it either.

I will take a lot of pics at the show.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I guess CO has no interior color :(
I hope the blue is a choice.
Aaargh! The near it gets, the harder the wait is!!!!

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
FYI, looks like the dealer jump the gun in releasing details. Oh well the cat is out of the bag... and the dealer in the frying pan.Link

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
That's unfortunate for Chris- I feel bad for him. Seemed wierd though that he was the only one with the information.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
I feel bad for him too...

I probably would have done the same thing if I were in his shoes. Hopefully Lotus isn't too hard on him :(

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
That sucks for poor Chris

I feel really badly for him. But his enthusiasm for the Elise has me impressed. If I lived in (or near) Atlanta, Chris would be the type of guy I'd want to do business with.

Bob K.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Poor sap, as somebody said the cat out the bag and while that data is removed it has already disseminated so they might as well own up to it and release it. I know I know they cant really do that; but I hate to see some enthused chap get canned for this.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
I deleted the information from my post here as a courtesy.

I too hope he doesnt get in trouble. Honestly I think that its no big deal that he released that info.....we're the true lotus lovers anyway. The rest of the World gets to find out after the auto show.

I sort of wish Lotus thought enough of their deposit holders to have done what chris did on accident.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
s'ok jenn...i saved it :)

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I don't think any harm has been done. It will just give us more times to think about how we want our cars configured.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts