The Lotus Cars Community banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I give up......

I'm with you guys now!

Way to go Chris of LOA for spilling the "official" beans early. You are the man! I bet LUSA is so pleased that you are an enthusiastic salesperson. I hope you get a raise for thinking of all of us "little" people out here!!! Keep up the good work!

PS - No, I'm not an employee of Lotus, but I was one of the 75 people over the last 4-5 years that has spent $55K+ on a car that you can't drive on the street. That kind of makes you a serious customer and someone who isn't in this just to have a "cool" car. It also gave Lotus 75 Americans who are the target for this car to bounce ideas around with. During the process you do find out a few things. I call that cheap market research on Lotus' part. No these aren't military secrects, but the idea of launching a car is the "surprise" factor and it's hard to have that when people run around posting crap on the internet.

PSS - I have nothing against Chris of LOA - other than he made a bad decision.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
meat said:
No these aren't military secrects, but the idea of launching a car is the "surprise" factor and it's hard to have that when people run around posting crap on the internet.

PSS - I have nothing against Chris of LOA - other than he made a bad decision.
Not many people are disagreeing that he made an error. It would seem Lotus USA also feels that way.

My earlier point is that they have to consider doing things differently I think if they don't want this information to get out. I don't think Lotus is alone in this regard, information spreads very quickly on the internet.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Only 3 more days to the press conference!

meat!! Please don't give up. This bbs would be so boring without orneriness, besides, you're didn't you volunteer to organize Elise Club of America????? ;)

It's sad that I'm sitting here typing about a car I have been on the waiting list for since Jan 02 and won't have for another four-five months.
Chris;)

·
Registered
751 Posts
Well guys, I dont know how legit this email actually is.

Considering I placed my deposit a few hours ago in lotus of atlanta today, and they claimed that I would be recieving the 87th car. Also they did not have any official options or anything available.

Chad took my order, not Chris however. But still... I heard nothing official.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
hey zcar, I'll give you a ride in my car when it comes in!
Chris #2 at LOA

BTW>The Ga contingent seems to be well represented here. We can be the first chapter of Elise Club of America (hey meat!)

61 - 66 of 66 Posts