The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a job. Badly. It really shouldn’t be this difficult though. Sending out fifty resumes should yield a couple handfuls of callbacks and at least a few interviews. Things are so bad here that the callbacks are averaging around 2% and interviews don’t even register. At this point I will move pretty much anywhere. I would prefer southeast Michigan, the Caribbean, Chicago, Las Vegas, Naples/Ft. Myers, Miami/Ft. Lauderdale, and Los Angeles (probably in that order). Atlanta would be fine too, along with Arizona, and a handful of other areas in California. If you have a job please don’t let the list stop you from sending me a message. I probably like wherever you are. I am flexible because I like different things about different places. I love to travel too so if you have a position where I would rarely be at “home” that would be phenomenal. I have a couple of ongoing gigs right now in the northern burbs of Detroit but need to fill the rest of my time. Well, either that or get a full-time position and drop the other stuff.

I am educated (a BA in accounting from a private school), have my CPA (certified public accountant) certificate, and have been working in tech full-time for the last five years. What does that mean I can do after being out of college for ten years? Pretty much anything. Auditing, project or IT management, networking, finance, controller work, infrastructure design, business analysis, financial statements, taxes, problem solving, forensic computing, system administration, technical support, and things in between and related to all of these.

What can I do for you? PM me and we’ll figure it out. I have a resume and references for those who are interested. Please try to include your email or phone number so I can reach you.

Keywords: Auditor, IT audit, IT auditor, system administrator, technical support, tech support, accounting, CPA, certified public accountant, general ledger, controller, networking, Cisco, servers, dialers, Linux, Windows, Vista, XP, virtual machines, IT project manager, IT project management, IT director, senior auditor, senior auditors, corporate auditor, corporate auditors, corporate audit, assistant controller, manager of financial reporting, business intelligence, business analyst, IT operations, brilliant.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Good luck in Detroit. My wife hasn't worked in almost 2 years, and she can't even find a job in a Halloween shop !

·
Registered
112 Posts
You should try positions in DC. CPA positions are a commodity over there.

I need a job. Badly. It really shouldn’t be this difficult though. Sending out fifty resumes should yield a couple handfuls of callbacks and at least a few interviews. Things are so bad here that the callbacks are averaging around 2% and interviews don’t even register. At this point I will move pretty much anywhere. I would prefer southeast Michigan, the Caribbean, Chicago, Las Vegas, Naples/Ft. Myers, Miami/Ft. Lauderdale, and Los Angeles (probably in that order). Atlanta would be fine too, along with Arizona, and a handful of other areas in California. If you have a job please don’t let the list stop you from sending me a message. I probably like wherever you are. I am flexible because I like different things about different places. I love to travel too so if you have a position where I would rarely be at “home” that would be phenomenal. I have a couple of ongoing gigs right now in the northern burbs of Detroit but need to fill the rest of my time. Well, either that or get a full-time position and drop the other stuff.

I am educated (a BA in accounting from a private school), have my CPA (certified public accountant) certificate, and have been working in tech full-time for the last five years. What does that mean I can do after being out of college for ten years? Pretty much anything. Auditing, project or IT management, networking, finance, controller work, infrastructure design, business analysis, financial statements, taxes, problem solving, forensic computing, system administration, technical support, and things in between and related to all of these.

What can I do for you? PM me and we’ll figure it out. I have a resume and references for those who are interested. Please try to include your email or phone number so I can reach you.

Keywords: Auditor, IT audit, IT auditor, system administrator, technical support, tech support, accounting, CPA, certified public accountant, general ledger, controller, networking, Cisco, servers, dialers, Linux, Windows, Vista, XP, virtual machines, IT project manager, IT project management, IT director, senior auditor, senior auditors, corporate auditor, corporate auditors, corporate audit, assistant controller, manager of financial reporting, business intelligence, business analyst, IT operations, brilliant.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Join one of the big 4 or even one of the next tier accounting firms. Be prepared to travel and not see your own bed much though :p

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good luck in Detroit. My wife hasn't worked in almost 2 years, and she can't even find a job in a Halloween shop !
While funny, there is a lot of truth to that. Organizations can be patient and wait until the perfect person just shows up and will work for half of what they are willing to pay. Even "unskilled" jobs have applicants lined up for miles. Then again, you live here and are all too aware.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You should try positions in DC. CPA positions are a commodity over there.
I'll add it to the list. Like I said, I'll go most anywhere. I started looking at jobs in Dubai yesterday even.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm in that industry - and have a bunch of people you can send resumes too. There's always a significant labor shortage for your skillsets in the DC area. PM sent...
Done, done, and done. That is music to my ears, really. Any labor shortage involving what I do is beautiful! PM responded via email.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Join one of the big 4 or even one of the next tier accounting firms. Be prepared to travel and not see your own bed much though :p
I do love to travel. There are some issues with me going to the big 4. The primary one is that I have been doing tech work for the last five years and haven't been involved in Sarbanes-Oxley compliance or testing. I am quite certain I would be up to the task but people want employees they can just drop into the job. It seems that most non-entry level positions (at accounting firms) require some sort of SOX experience. If I go that route I may well need to go back to where I was ten years ago when I got out of college and get a "staff" position.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bump.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts