The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello name is Julio joined the site to see what R&D has been done over the years. Im a lil sad to see such great cars and no one has really made a sick high hp elise or exige. I have a great knowledge on building flat out race cars that can drive on the street without any problems at all.

Over the next 6 months im going to buy 3 elise's but im going to start off with one then get the other two as soon as i finsh off my current work load for my companies work is always first. So that means im going to buy them off 3 guys on this site because i know everyone loves there lotus if not you would not be on this.

I have a friend that has what he claims to be one of the very few elise GT3 Turbo in the US with alot of money invested into it. But i think its slow so im going to show him off then maybe he will let me build it the right way.

I cant wait to get to know some of you guys and ill be happy to show you everyone some of my work. I have a very long list of things im going to do to my first Louts i cant wait but work is first. I have alot of people counting on me and my employees and im gald that regardless of whats going on in the world now in days i did not haave to lay of anyone which im very proud of.

Feel free to ask me anything i dont care im not one to hide my setup i just enjoy driving very fast cars (dont we all :D).

Take Care

Julio Martinez

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
I think most people here prefer performance over raw horsepower, but welcome! Your knowledge is appreciated. Happy learning!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think most people here prefer performance over raw horsepower, but welcome! Your knowledge is appreciated. Happy learning!

I understand that everyone does but the fact of the matter is if the car is done right and dialed in the right way you can have the best of both world plus the benefit of haveing 35+mpg if you dont have a heavy foot.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
You can buy my Europa..........see link in sig.

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,072 Posts
Are you planning on working with the existing powertrain? 2zz-ge?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Why do you feel so qualified? What do you actually know about the Elise/Exige platform?

Why would you bother buying 3? Where are you going to race them?

If it is to just prove a point, Ronin has pretty much broken everything that will break on the car and could probably save you a lot of time and money. Google Ronin Lotus and also google monkeytuner.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
So fortunate for the rest of us to have an intelligent and motivated multi-millionaire such as yourself interested in sharing his achievements with us!

:rolleyes:

xtn

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
You'll love ripping the motor mounts out of the car, then driving over the transmission, preceeded by the chassis twisting, followed by the car over heating, and then sliding into the ditch from one of your 17 heat exchangers rupturing :D:D

Seriously though, welcome aboard. There are some bigger horsepower cars out there. They're mostly reserved for the street and bonzai runs on public roads. For the track, these cars (even the ones professionally raced) run 260-330whp or so. Much further pushed than that, and you're really looking a lot of redesign work like lengtherning the subframe, widening, and stengthing the chassis if you really want a well balanced track car. Plus the 2ZZ and readily available trannys are not all that great for big WHP with a broad torque curve either-- again for a track car... If all you want is a bonzai street car then you can get away with a lot of things that wouldn't be all that great on the track but would make for a pretty radical stoplight killer. By the time you spend all the $$$ to get the Elise to a reliable 500whp like you said that is truly track worthy, you'd have well over a 100K into the car. In that case, a Noble M400 or similar, would probably be a better platform to start with for a rediculous monster WHP track car, IMO. Not so much the Lotus 111 platform...

All boils down to what you want and how much you want to spend...

Enjoy,

TP

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
If you're looking to build a high horsepower 2zz car, you may as well buy a Celica GT-S.

On another note, Frank/Ronin has a 500+ horsepower Elise.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Why do you feel so qualified? What do you actually know about the Elise/Exige platform?

Why would you bother buying 3? Where are you going to race them?

If it is to just prove a point, Ronin has pretty much broken everything that will break on the car and could probably save you a lot of time and money. Google Ronin Lotus and also google monkeytuner.

Im trying to get louts to get out of the 210-270whp mentality. Im still waiting to here back from louts on my sales pitch.

What makes me so qualifed well thats easy one of my companies makes one off race cars we take F1 technology and add hardcore racing parts and put them in cars that are worth building. If you have the means to do so. This car will be the new face of the company. I have yet to show any of my contractors work because the owners want to keep there setups on the downlow. With this car i want to use it as a marketing tool to expand that company via magazines ads.

I know everything there is to know about the Elise/Exige platform what i dont know my contractors do.

Why buy 3 well one for me and the other 2 for my 2 other CEO's like i said before my inner circle is very small one my friends has a Elise GT3 Turbo with over 100k in parts & labor so we all want to have the same car and just drive it around and enjoy it. I have a few other cars which should be in a showroom but i dont buy and build cars to keep in a garge i drive them on the street because i have the means to do so.

I will have one certin shop in the US build the car and i will have them race it at tracks around the US with there cars it will help them expand their customer base and continue my great relationship with that shop. You have to think from ownership down my friend not employee up.

I dont know Ronie and i dont know what he has or does we done our research and thats the reason why we are changing the suspension geometry and running JRZ 4way coilovers dialed in for street/track use. We are also going to ad weight to the car to be able to handle the new power. We are also redoing the front & rear end to fit more rubber so i can actually lay the power down vs spining tires all day long. This car will be done right the first time. Were thinking about making the displacement either a 2.0 or a 2.1L to get the extra rev's that is something will look into once we have the block at the shop find the weak points and address the problem areas first then move on.

There will not be a budget for this car untill its done once its done and in my hands ill drive it every other day.

I have alot of work to do before i even think about getting another car thats why i said within the next 6 months. As i sit here at my home office next to 4 cell phones and 7 screens still watching cnn in the backround.

Untill i get the car and drive it for a lil i really cant tell much untill its at the shop and 90% done. But i will tell you this i wont be useing bosch racing products on this car like i usually do. Ecu will be a Motec m880 everything else will be one off i might use a m&w cop setup if needed. JRZ 4way coilover setup and CCW classic wheels thats just the basics.

I hope that covers it all. Feel free to ask me anything i use this labtop to go from forum to forum keeping up on the latest. I didnt check for spell check sorry if i miss spelled anything.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You'll love ripping the motor mounts out of the car, then driving over the transmission, preceeded by the chassis twisting, followed by the car over heating, and then sliding into the ditch from one of your 17 heat exchangers rupturing :D:D

Seriously though, welcome aboard. There are some bigger horsepower cars out there. They're mostly reserved for the street and bonzai runs on public roads. For the track, these cars (even the ones professionally raced) run 260-330whp or so. Much further pushed than that, and you're really looking a lot of redesign work like lengtherning the subframe, widening, and stengthing the chassis if you really want a well balanced track car. Plus the 2ZZ and readily available trannys are not all that great for big WHP with a broad torque curve either-- again for a track car... If all you want is a bonzai street car then you can get away with a lot of things that wouldn't be all that great on the track but would make for a pretty radical stoplight killer. By the time you spend all the $$$ to get the Elise to a reliable 500whp like you said that is truly track worthy, you'd have well over a 100K into the car. In that case, a Noble M400 or similar, would probably be a better platform to start with for a rediculous monster WHP track car, IMO. Not so much the Lotus 111 platform...

All boils down to what you want and how much you want to spend...

Enjoy,

TP

I love shops.

I only use dog box transmissions, motor mounts will be cnc space age aluminum dont know what kind of bushings will use untill i get the car. As far as the chassis goes you dont need to worry about that all i got to say is i dont need a cage. As far as the heat goes :wave: i welcome it because its a non issue.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you're looking to build a high horsepower 2zz car, you may as well buy a Celica GT-S.

On another note, Frank/Ronin has a 500+ horsepower Elise.

Not on shell 93oct if so good for him im sure a year from now ill see him at some track.

·
Registered
485 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Like i said feel free to ask me anything. My people have the racing experience small shops would die for. Thats why i only cater to the wealthy and doing very well in all my fields of work.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
As far as the heat goes :wave: i welcome it because its a non issue.
Heat is a non-issue? Wow.

Filed in the "I'll believe when I see it" pile

Sorry to be a nay-sayer, but... that's an awful lot of talk with zero to back it up.

On the positive side - I hope you do make something like this work, I bet it would be impressive. Ronin's car certainly is.

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
Not on shell 93oct if so good for him im sure a year from now ill see him at some track.
Nah, you won't, he's a street queen.

Looking forward to your work. Sounds like you've got it all sorted out...

Regards,

Small Shop:)

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
I thought April Fool's Day was a couple of months ago.:confused:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts