The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone else get connected to India when they haver a technical problem with their computer?

No help whatsoever...:crazyeyes

Here's a picture of their wiring in india:

Attachments

·
Registered
405 Posts
Greetings and since you're here....

I would like to know where my "Black AmEX" is? :shrug: It was supposed to be here last Friday... Any help would be appreciated... :clap: :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spent all morning talking to an India tech guy named "Ross" and a tech girl named "Rachel."

They use the names of the characters from the TV show "Friends!"

Unbelievable.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Spent all morning talking to an India tech guy named "Ross" and a tech girl named "Rachel."

Unbelievable.
That Rachel girl gets around... just saw her the other day at Casa Vega... nice girl and apparently smart too...rotfl

·
Registered
5,094 Posts

Unbelievable.
so now you not only dont like the people of iraq, and have said you want them to starve(http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/1018065-post13.html), but you also have a problem with the people of india as well?

I guess when that woman in you met in traffic(who you described as being from persia) and she screamed " i am better than you".
I dont think she was too far off, and she could figure this out with only a brief interaction on the roadway.
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f68/persian-lady-her-lotus-sport-yikes-42286/

an embarrasment to this community :no:

·
Registered
525 Posts
Anyone else get connected to India when they haver a technical problem with their computer?

Ah, nice pic. That reminds me of a picture I took in the Dominican Republic earlier this year. Lots of people steal power by taping directly into the overhead power lines. If you look closely you can see that some people use extension cords to run power into their apts. Also, checkout the splice jobs and notice the black electrical tape.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
yet he calls me racist rotfl

Larry do you belong to Trinity United?

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
There is no reason to be racist, when if you get to know each person well, there are always plenty of reasons to hate them as individuals.
Though I imagine it must be a terrific timesaver...

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
They may not be able to appropriately hang wires in a city, but they can make some dam fine chicken curry...

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
"Have you tried restarting your computer?
Well then, try restarting it again."

(from Looking for Comedy in the Muslim World)
I have this on a loop with indian techno.
The sitar is much nicer than electronic techno.

I often get argentine phone fillers too.
I find a lot of them use their real names these days.
Kamala sounds much more reasonable than Suzy.
I think companies get what they pay for.
The last poor bastard clearly was using a script and had no clue about the question.
I have had decent tech info from india, so it can be done.

That wiring looks like early wiring in new york city.

I think 'Friends' is very popular in asia. Lord knows why?

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts

That looks exactly like the back of my TV set !! rotfl

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
That wiring looks like early wiring in new york city.
That's correct... has anyone here ever seen photos of telegraph lines in downtown NYC around the early 20th century? Not to mention horse carts, "free range" chickens, etc.

That's why they call it the "developing world"... they're only 100 years behind us, and catching up!

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I find a lot of them use their real names these days.
Kamala sounds much more reasonable than Suzy.
I think companies get what they pay for.
Many of the companies require that the support guys use American names - trust me the techs dont really want to be Ross or Rachel.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I have had good luck with Tech support from India, computer and cable box/modem. And, they speak great english (better than a lot of Americans I deal with) and they were very courteous!
As to the wiring that is the norm in a lot of the world, especially Venezuela!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Ah, nice pic. That reminds me of a picture I took in the Dominican Republic earlier this year. Lots of people steal power by taping directly into the overhead power lines. If you look closely you can see that some people use extension cords to run power into their apts. Also, checkout the splice jobs and notice the black electrical tape.
In Vietnam there's a little business at most lamp standards using the power for sewing machines etc.

My brother lives In Ho Chi Minh City and noticed that a local coffee shop had run a wire to his house (without mentioning the fact).
Electricity is pretty cheap so eventually he negotiated free coffees for life and left the wire there....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts