1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
barv motorist burns ferrari to the ground

this is what happens when barv motor, goes out and test drives cars

$150,000 Ferrari goes up in flames in New City | lohud.com | The Journal News

so BM has been out the last few weeks looking for an upgrade to his elise. lambos vipers, and ferrari's

well hes gone and made the papers now!
:thwack:

after its all over he says to me, heck i wasnt really going to buy this car anyway..

NEW CITY - Ever watch $150,000 burn?

Around noon yesterday on Ridge Road, a salesman for a high-end car dealership was driving a Ferrari 430 to a prospective customer when the cherry-red sports car caught fire.

The driver from Miller Motorcars in Greenwich, Conn., got out in time to escape injury, but the car wasn't so lucky.

New City Fire Chief Mike Graff said that by the time firefighters arrived on scene, the whole back of the car - where the engine is - was engulfed in flames.

"That's the definition of a bad day," Graff said.

By the time the fire was out, half the car was gone, with the front end still red and the back a mess of white extinguishing foam, blackened metal and carbon fiber.

"I think he was in a moderate state of shock," Graff said about the driver, who called 911. "It was amazing to see half of a Ferrari engine melted."

Miller Motorcars, which sells Aston Martins, Bentleys, Maserattis, Rolls-Royces and Bugattis, listed a 2007 Ferrari 430 on its Web site in the preowned section.

The vehicle - a red, two-door coupe - had 1,568 miles on it, and visible through the rear windows - where passengers would sit in most other cars - it was all engine, a 490-horsepower V-8. No price was listed, though Graff said that the car was worth a cool $150,000, the operative word being "was."

The cause of the fire is unknown, though it was not deemed suspicious.

What was left of the Italian sports car was towed back to Greenwich.

·
Registered
582 Posts
seriously?

I think I've read this before somewhere, but that was like weeks ago.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yesterday aug 17th

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
well I'm sure they have insurance... I hope
and people bitch about how unreliable lotuses are... :D I havent heard of a stock elise/exige bursting into flames with 1200 miles on it yet :p

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Paging BM... paging BM... verification? photos?

:popcorn:
i just asked him about it, he said them made him sign a paper that says he can not talk about what happened, and must deny anything to do with it..

·
Registered
161 Posts
i just asked him about it, he said them made him sign a paper that says he can not talk about what happened, and must deny anything to do with it..
The Firm..once you are in you can never get out.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
so wait was he the passenger or the driver? also is he getting a free car in exchange for his silence? how can they make him do anything? its not like they had any leverage

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Bm, did you 2 exceed the weight limit and cause the motor to burn out? Just joking. Were you really involved and is this true?

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so wait was he the passenger or the driver? also is he getting a free car in exchange for his silence? how can they make him do anything? its not like they had any leverage
he said they wrote it up that the dealer guy was driving... cant really say more then that...

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bm, did you 2 exceed the weight limit and cause the motor to burn out?
he had just finished lunch...at a Chinese buffet... of course.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
who cares who was driving... even if it was him, there is no special pedal combination that causes the engine to burst into flame. something was wrong with the car

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I think this is a sign BM should be saving his cash till the esprit comes out :p

1 - 20 of 44 Posts