The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I think that's just more of bad parking. It's a gold E46.. no one can possibly care that much about it. Now if it was a silver E46 like mine then that would be different lol.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I park like that all the time. Like this guy, i dont care because there are only about 200 other spots to choose from. Every time I park normal, some ******* parks so close they practically park on top of my car. Those are the *******s you need to talk about.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
While I don't park like this I have to agree with HK. Most people don't give a rats ass about their own daily beaters much less others prized possessions. I try my best to park properly and in spots that always leaves ample room for the car next to me, yet they still park like douchebags and ding my car. In my Evora, I simply don't park unless I have a guaranteed ding-free spot. Yes it takes a bit longer to find a spot but it's worth it. And on occasion, I do create my own 'ding-free zone' like this guy!

Door dings and bumps simply are of no consequence to most people. It the way things are. Most people don't cherish their cars the way sports car owners do. You can park like this guy and run the risk of getting keyed, but trust me he knows better. He wouldn't park like that if he thought the risk of getting keyed was higher than the risk of getting dinged. Not like he's in the hood somewhere.

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
I always try to find an end spot, even if it's very far away. What kills me is that even when I intentionally park far away, leaving lots of spots closer, someone invariably parks next to me. I guess the thinking is that I care about my car, so I'll care about theirs? The whole reason I parked far, far away was so that no one would park next to me!

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I park like that all the time. Like this guy, i dont care because there are only about 200 other spots to choose from. Every time I park normal, some ******* parks so close they practically park on top of my car. Those are the *******s you need to talk about.
You wanna park like that at the far end of the mall, have at it.

But parking like that at the very front is a complete d-bag move. One car is designed to fit into one spot.

Period.

No one else is special and neither are you.

·
Registered
572 Posts
There's plenty of room on the right to park an Elise and still stay within the lines.

·
Registered
195 Posts
You wanna park like that at the far end of the mall, have at it.

But parking like that at the very front is a complete d-bag move. One car is designed to fit into one spot.

Period.

No one else is special and neither are you.
This. I don't drive/park like an a-hole unless someone else already is already being an a-hole like the E46 guy. If I had my old classic SAAB 900 or E30 325, those are so narrow and were such beaters to me, I would back in to the right hand spot, nearly touching mirrors, getting out on the far side. A dick move? Sure, but two cars... two parking spaces... especially close to the mall entrance.

EDIT: Sweet Jet Set avatar, SwingLo

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
A group of us inadvertently had a BMW moment following a cars/coffee event a few weeks ago. We were parked in a row diagonally across the spots for the meet. Afterwards we walked to a nearby restaurant for lunch. The lot was nearly empty, so we left them parked as is. When we came back an hour later, the lot was jamb packed, and there were our 4 Elise/exiges taking up the 7 best parking spots in the front.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
This. I don't drive/park like an a-hole unless someone else already is already being an a-hole like the E46 guy. If I had my old classic SAAB 900 or E30 325, those are so narrow and were such beaters to me, I would back in to the right hand spot, nearly touching mirrors, getting out on the far side. A dick move? Sure, but two cars... two parking spaces... especially close to the mall entrance.

EDIT: Sweet Jet Set avatar, SwingLo
Thanks. Glad someone gets the majesty that is JetSet Hudson.

Gotta go RICE - rest, ice, coffee, explosion.

:)

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Regarding the "park far away and then someone parks next to me" ... I find, as a car person, if I am out in one of my "regular" cars and see something nice, I will go park next to it for 2 reasons: First, because I know *I* am not going to ding him, and thus, can protect at least one side for him/her and Second - I like to check out cool cars. :)

-M

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
... If I had my old classic SAAB 900 or E30 325, those are so narrow and were such beaters to me, I would back in to the right hand spot, nearly touching mirrors, getting out on the far side. A dick move? Sure, but two cars... two parking spaces... especially close to the mall entrance.
rugger1345 is the guy. He causes people to park like this. He is so pissed at his own life that he will park on top of your prized car just to be a jerk. These sad people are the ones we fear.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Regarding the "park far away and then someone parks next to me" ... I find, as a car person, if I am out in one of my "regular" cars and see something nice, I will go park next to it for 2 reasons: First, because I know *I* am not going to ding him, and thus, can protect at least one side for him/her and Second - I like to check out cool cars. :)

-M
But then I have to take the time to verify that you didn't ding me. Like this guy. This parking lot has about 10 double sided rows for about 20 or so cars on each side, so we are talking space to park 200+ cars. The last 2 rows usually have 1 car parked per 3 spaces. Just to be extra safe, I park on the row that noone EVER parks on. I have literally seen 3 cars parked there in the last month!! come back 4 hours later. I am thankful that he did try to park as close to the far line as possible:

Funny enough, that morning, I park a space down from a friends 911 (only 2 cars on a different row). girl comes, pulls through right beside me, goes further backs into the space right behind me gets out, backs up some more, gets out again, starts backing up some more, and then I move

·
Registered
370 Posts
As a former BMW owner, I can say it happens everywhere :shrug:

Notice neither can actually get centered between the two parking spots. Maybe they're not being a d-bag, but this is the best they can do.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Sorry, but is this JUST BMW drivers?

I see cars doing this and many times it's assbags in their Ford F78,050 pick ups.

And of course, I see tons of minivans doing this, but that's just because mothers of small children are the worst drivers on the planet and couldn't possibly be bothered to pay attention to the world around them.

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
Ridiculous... if you already have a end unit just get close to the curb and you leave plenty of space on the other side. Taking up two spaces is really looking for trouble. Many will mess with your car just on principle. It screams "I think I am better then you".

1 - 20 of 57 Posts