The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Seems like it is priced correctly to sell. Good luck.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Touring package. Standard suspension. 7700 miles. $34K. Doesn't seem that bad to me.

Ask if the 7500 mi service was done and if so where. Call that dealership and see if there were any problems.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Road Dad, Thanks I will be sure to ask that question. Should I also ask for a read out? From the posts I have learned that a read out will show if the car has been overaly red lined, right?

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
There is a 500 mile 2005 Elise in dark silver with LSS and hardtop in Florida on Ebay now - 38,500 Buy it Now. Just FYI. I don't know anything about the car.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Should I also ask for a read out? From the posts I have learned that a read out will show if the car has been overaly red lined, right?
I thought they just did the ECU dump at 1,000 miles, but I might be wrong.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does anyone know if it is true that it is extremely hard to transfer title from an out of state car to California. I was told that it has to be over a certain amount of milage and other regulations. I will check out that one on ebay right now.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Road Dad, Thanks I will be sure to ask that question. Should I also ask for a read out? From the posts I have learned that a read out will show if the car has been overaly red lined, right?
You can ask for it but even if they did an ECU dump at the 7500 mi service I doubt they will still have it. They should have records of any problems that they were aware of though.

Typically the ECU dump is done 1. at the 1000 mi service 2. at the request of the owner 3. if there is a warranty claim involving the powertrain. Otherwise ECU dumps are not regularly done. But you are correct that a dump would show highest revs, throttle positions, etc.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
The car on Ebay was titled for three years, maybe Cali has a time exception for an out of state vehicle. I somehow doubt it. Cali people chime in.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am mostly interested in the Touring Package. This will most likely be my daily driver. But I do have a backup car for the rain and days I don't want to take the Lotus out. That being said, it will be mostly used for town driving and some highway driving but not long distance. Will the sport package be a huge advantage for me? I know the Touring Package will. I am not looking to race the Lotus either.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
:popcorn: for all the opinions on the sport package in a daily driver...

You can always go after market for a stiffer suspension if you want it. I have the sport suspension on my car and love it. I also still do not have shocks on my mountain bikes though. I have driven both w/ and w/o the sport suspension. I prefer with but that's just my opinion. I recently changed to a different tyre that is not as stiff and I can't wait for them to wear out and go back to the old A048s or equivalent.

All the jarring helps to knock out my kidney stones.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
I like the power steering and subwoofer ! Why don't you look at some actual dealerships that have real service centers with people that know what the cars are ! You will probably even find a better deal

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Does anyone know if it is true that it is extremely hard to transfer title from an out of state car to California. I was told that it has to be over a certain amount of milage and other regulations. I will check out that one on ebay right now.

Thanks
No problem transferring a title/registration to CA for any 50-state emission certified car. Car must be smog tested (usually good to do prior to processing registration).
The only issue is whether or not the car will be considered "used". That definition is based solely on miles--not age. A transferred car needs to have at least 7500 miles on it to be considered used. This affects registration fees, but not sales tax, which has to be paid regardless. The tax is based on the purchase price of the car. Bill-of-sale or similar documentation is required.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I drive by that dealership a few times a week and I've seen that car - it looks nice. They've had it for sale for quite some time, at least since May and the price has come down quite a bit, they were asking $37k back in May.

Where are you located? You really should see the car in person if at all possble. Symoblic Motors (the local Lotus Dealership) is near that dealership, so if you want to get it checked out by them, that's an option as well.

Good Luck!
Larez2

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Larez, great infomation. I am in Napa Valley. So it is quite a ride down there. I am debating flying down there next weekend with a return ticket home in case I am not 100% satisified. Or driving my Mustang down for a trade in. I would definently want to get it checked out by Lotus.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts