The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but from the pics being posted the seats look less than they should be...just not what I am use to and thus this is my opinion. I think the interior is close on target but the seats are not there for me. Sure...this will not keep me from considering actually purchasing the car but if the seats in the real are what I am seeing in the pics..down to the custom dealer and out the seats go. I have had a concern about the quality of the interior from day one and I think some are overlooking the this issue by saying it is a true sports car (minimalist theory)...still holding #13 slot at Criswell but also holding my options open.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Look less in regards to luxury? Comfort? Size? Padding? Style?:confused:

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
What in particular about the seats has you not liking them? Have you tried them on?

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
i think the good mr chapman would be quite pleased with the seats. unless they're too heavy and "cushy" for his taste

·
Registered
758 Posts
"I think some are overlooking the this issue by saying it is a true sports car (minimalist theory)." - huh ? It is a sports car, and therefore has sport seats. Hows that overlooking what ?

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I think they look great- what is deceiving is how small the seats are in person compared to pictures- but for quality and looks I think they're great.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Well, everyone that's sat in the seats of my car have been amazed at the comfort, I'm not sure what "it" is that your looking for. Not dissing you as it's your own personal opinion, but in keeping with some of your other posts you seem to keep trying to convince yourself that you don't want this car. So I guess all the people that have actually seen/driven the car are as you say overlooking things. Just don't wait for anyone on the board to help you make your decision that the elise is not for you. it's up to you. Just not really sure what expectations you have for this car, IT IS A MINIMALIST CAR!! It's not a GT like your TT. The whole premise of this car is minimalist although any brit will tell you the car has too much.

Is this perfect car ever created, well, no. But the total package of this car is really outstanding.

Keep your TT, you'll never be satisfied with the elise.

Chris

·
Registered
677 Posts
I love everything about the Elise, but I have to say that I think the leatherwork was a little of a dissapontment. Not to say there is a problem; it is just that the craftsmanship looks a little rushed.

I would have preferred to see these :)

Attachments

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
IMO... I like that the seats are thin and purposeful. I do find the area around the headrests to be a little plain, as in a lot of unbroken up covering. I would like to have that Lotus embroidery that we have seen on some seats.

And for a practical matter, I noticed on the car at Lake Tahoe, with a helmet on, it tends to scuff up the headrest. I have wondered how to solve that.

Small things.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
perhaps you could put some dainty panties over the head rest. save scuffing and make yourself feel right at...oh wait a sec. how would i explain those when i get home?

·
Registered
677 Posts
LotusLust said:
perhaps you could put some dainty panties over the head rest. save scuffing and make yourself feel right at...oh wait a sec. how would i explain those when i get home?
Clearbra, thats the ticket.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
LotusLust said:
I actually thought of something like that... then I thought it would work better to have something on my helmet.

I think I see a new market... Helmet Panties from Sector 111.

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
aletes said:
I love everything about the Elise, but I have to say that I think the leatherwork was a little of a dissapontment. Not to say there is a problem; it is just that the craftsmanship looks a little rushed.

I would have preferred to see these :)
Aletes,

I think Shinoo will be offering these exact seats. I've already signed on to be kept up to date. I want them too.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
I was favorably impressed with the seat workmanship on the Elise with Touring Package that was at the Minneapolis show in March. The leather looked to be of good quality and the stitching was first-rate. From the photos I've seen of the delivered U.S. cars, the interiors look to be of the same quality. Perhaps it would be a good idea to actually see an interior in person before declaring it substandard.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I'm with Chris. My seats are surprisingly comfortable, and although not oversized, I fit great and then some. I was also thrilled to determine that in the furthest back seat position (my choice) I can stetch out my left leg straight out. The stitching is nice, too. No worries here, and I was a tad worried about comfort. No more.

·
Registered
677 Posts
wallabyguy said:
Aletes,

I think Shinoo will be offering these exact seats. I've already signed on to be kept up to date. I want them too.
Those are the "Shinoo" seats. I wonder if they will have any other colors. Hint, hint ... Biscuit ... to go with Racing Green.

·
Registered
758 Posts
wallabyguy said:
Aletes,

I want those seats, black, but with orange stitching :)

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Gromit said:
I want those seats, black, but with orange stitching :)
Yes, yes, yes and yellow stitching as well... Oh my! There goes my wallet! But dang! That would be too HOT!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts