The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was at NewHampshire Motor Speedway today (Only Lotus, other than a modified looking Europa) for a track day.
This poor guy stuffed it into the tire wall, and it looked totaled to me.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Audi
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Automotive design

I hate seeing stuff like this. Not a good feeling.

On the flip side, have I mentioned how much I love my car? The harder you push it, the better it feels. First day in the Advanced run group and I held my own against cars that were heavily modified with racing slicks. Some of the fastest cars were a GT3-RS, C7 Vette, and a 600hp C6 that weighed in at 3,000lbs.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Premium Member
Yikes, a Turn 3 miscalculation?
There were a pair of Exiges there at a PCA event several weeks ago.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yikes, a Turn 3 miscalculation?
There were a pair of Exiges there at a PCA event several weeks ago.

You are good sir, and if I had a prize I would hand it to you.
Yes, he over cooked turn 3 and the tire wall was inevitable. From what I heard, his tire pressures were way to high all day. Other drivers were telling him to reduce pressure due to how hot the track and ambient temperatures were.
It just sucks seeing something like that. I've only seen it a handful of times at the track days I've attended.
We all want to bring the cars home safely.

Premium Member
You are good sir, and if I had a prize I would hand it to you.
Yes, he over cooked turn 3 and the tire wall was inevitable. From what I heard, his tire pressures were way to high all day. Other drivers were telling him to reduce pressure due to how hot the track and ambient temperatures were.
It just sucks seeing something like that. I've only seen it a handful of times at the track days I've attended.
We all want to bring the cars home safely.
I've never actually seen anyone hit that particular wall before. And I hope I never do.

(And I'm not a sir.) ;)

Premium Member
Yeah, but did you take pictures of the Europa?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Was this the SCDA event? I've been meaning to go to one of these, but I'm a newb and would like to hook up with someone familiar with the Elige that can give me some instruction.

Yes, it was with SCDA. I believe they still have early bird pricing for their August event. I'd be more than happy to talk to you or better yet see you at the next NHMS track day. I'm in the Advanced run group, so I wouldn't be able to take you out on the track. You'd have to grab an instructor for that.
Feel free to shoot me a PM with questions.

Chris

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, but did you take pictures of the Europa?

No?
I was too busy helping my little brother with his car and a couple of friends with their cars, including a brake fluid flush on a V-Dub.
It looked like he was trying to recreate the Chip Foose Europa.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Coup茅

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.