The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Do people really come here to check and see if anyone saw them?:confused:
There are quite a few responses to spottings identifying the person spotted. So.....Yes.

While it may be pointless, it is fun. If you want truly pointless (and still a bit fun), go spend more time on the delete this thread thread. :sheep::mw:

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
You miss the real reason for this section.

It is to keep the silly "hey, did I see you?" posts out of the other areas.

And yes, a number of people check to see if they have also been spotted, so it is all good.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ah, so you dont like spotted threads in general so you made a spot to get em out of the way.

I like spotted threads, I saw a silver or gray elise leaving a car show in saratoga NY today. I wanted to make a spotted thread but no one goes in this section so...

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
No one goes in the section? Really. Any data to back that up? :)

MMkay

I think you may be surprised at how many users browse by all new posts (which does not matter where it is) and also how many go in this section.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess... I just looked through before I made this post and noticed allot of topics with 0 replies.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
In my opinion, that is more normal of the topic material. Not everyone is active on this forum. Someone sees an Elise for example and posts about it, then it requires the person who was seen to log on in and read it, probably before too much time has passed.

Which is the value of the one SPOTTED thread. It can be a running "Hey I saw you" thread and if you do look at that, you will see a number of replies along the lines of "Yes! That was me! I was finally spotted." Seems a good number of people read the thread to see if they were.

But yes... more people spot others, than are spotted.

Maybe 5-1 or even more. 10-1?

That would not change if the posts were in GENERAL.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I saw one in Saratoga today... and I saw Jac in his ardent red heading towards Mass. on Friday.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
You might get to know someone you wouldn't have met in your area. This might be one point to this thread.

I have seen a yellow Elise two blocks from my job and have never met the guy or girl. Who has/had a yellow Elise and likes Dunkin' Donuts in Aspen Hill, Maryland? See? I could have a new friend tomorrow. :)

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
While people may not visit this section often, the "Official Spotting Thread" has been visited over 30,000 times, so... I don't think it is pointless... and yes, people do check to see if they've been spotted.

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f161/official-spottings-thread-all-regions-part-2-a-49677/

Also, I don't think that a "spotted" section would work on other car forums. Since there are so few Lotuses out there, a spotting thread makes more sense here.

·
Registered
855 Posts
OK, for those of you who do not like this section please subscribe to the new thread on the "invisibility cloaking material" and when available cover yourself and you car so nobody will ever point at you again.....just kidding!!

And yes Randy is right, browsing by "New Post" is the only way to know your in the know.....you know?

The only reason I looked here is because I thought it was maybe another "please delete this thread".

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
There are quite a few responses to spottings identifying the person spotted. So.....Yes.

While it may be pointless, it is fun. If you want truly pointless (and still a bit fun), go spend more time on the delete this thread thread. :sheep::mw:
At least there are really good pictures on the delete this thread thread thread. rotfl

·
Registered
344 Posts
which is why it merits the (still somewhat fun) for that thread thread thread thread. :nanner2:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts