The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just want to wish all of the motorcycle riders in here a good and safe riding season..yesterday was a beautiful day so i took out my bike and got hit by a jeep the drriver of the jeep said "i didnt even see you" it didnt help when she was looking the other way. thankfully i saw her not looking and started braking immediatly. a peice of plastic broke on my bike( easy and cheap fix) and there are paint scratches on her vehical.. i have a bruise on my leg from hitting something and the muscle in my upper leg is very stiff and i woke up this morning with bad pains in my chest... so be safe

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
i have had two very close calls on a bike, and one umm, spill.. speedy recovery to you.

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Thumbs up to our motorcycle friends. :up:

Your thumbs up to us while we're driving always feel great! :D

Glad you weren't hurt too badly.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Speedy recovery and glad it's just bumps and bruises and nothing major.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Yikes, I hate hearing about stories like this... glad you're alright. After how many times I've been hit in the Lotus, I sometimes wonder if my motorbike is still a good idea...

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I'm waiting for it to warm up a bit more before I get mine out, but I've been tempted recently as I've seen more and more people riding.

I hope you're feeling better soon, and thanks for the reminder to keep my awareness up.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Get well soon. I got hit about 25 years ago by a college kid with 6 people in his Supra from behind. Broke my femur. Now I ride like I'm invisable. Its been working so far.

Sometimes there's nothing you can do, except wear all your gear.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Yikes, that sucks. I hope that you're not hurt worse than just a couple of bruises. This is the kind of thing that scares me as a new rider. Hell, I only take my test Sunday. I haven't even taken my bike on the road yet... Ugh. Dress for the crash they say & that's what I am doing...

Hope you feel better & I'm glad it's not worse.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya im fine it wasnt anything big but i deffinatly didnt want to ride for the rest of the day. it gave me a good scare. ya around here during the summer months when there are more then double the amount of people here at least 5 riders get killed by people in cars not looking. the weird part of the day was as i started to ride off my GF reminded me that i forgot my helmet and said something abpout me getting in a accident good thing i brought it but at the same time the bike never went all the way down.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
It should be legal to beat people like that senseless. Infuriating.
Drives me absolutely nuts the lack of thinking people do behind of the wheels of their weapons of choice. Suddenly that text, phone call, song, CD, book, or whatever isn't going be near as important if they slaughter someone with their vehicle.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sounds like a lawsuit to me :p
speaking of lawsuits.. i gave my mom the information of the driver and she called and talked to them about it but the husband of the lady called and wanted to talk to her. so i gave my mom his number and from what i was told today about the phone call was that after he found out i was on my moms bike and that i was 21 he changed over the phone like he was more relaxed that im of age and he could sue..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts