The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this happen to anyone else?

You're cruising along innocently in your car, and without enough time to react, those darn lawn people blow the grass, leaves, and other crap from the lawns on to the street and your car? Sheeeeeeeeeesh...no respect at all. I could even hear the debris attack the sides of the car. :mad:

Martin

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I feel your pain. :(

I too hate them, they're noisy, obnoxious, inefficient and a blight on our environment ! They pollute the air to an inordinate degree and they do nothing but blow crap back up into the air, at least the way that I see them generally (mis)used.

A few cities have outlawed them but it's a hot political issue.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Municipal grass cutters are also bad- these guys slinging those giant attachment blade assemblies around in medians. I feel like they're going to shoot out a rock or god knows what else into the side of my car when I pass them.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
I was driving along down US-1 the other day and some guy sitting on his big fat lawnmower started in on a pile of dirt and gravel. I saw that he had no bag on that sucker and was pointing it right at the street, right at where I was heading! I slammed on my brakes just in time, as an explosion of dirt and rocks shot out of the side of his machine. Unfortunately, the people to my left got nailed.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
The mowers are the ones I worry about most, especially the big comemercial ones. And sprinklers too. How hard is it to adjust a sprikler so it doesn't spray into the street and get me wet when I drive by.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Forget leaf blowers, it's the evil Weed Whackers I worry most about, trimming and edging right up to the curb where I have to park at work. Dirt, rocks, whatever they kick up, it's either sitting on my hood or dinging the sides. Evil.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts