The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there everyone! I just picked up my Elise about a week ago and I've asked a few questions here on the forums and everyone seems to be pretty knowledgeable and helpful. I thought I'd might as well go ahead and introduce myself since I am looking to become an active member of the community and get to know a lot of you. My name is Brian and I live in San Francisco. I have pretty much been a JDM Imports enthusiast ever since I attained my license and I never would have thought that I would have the grateful opportunity to own one of these amazing vehicles. I currently own a Supercharged Honda S2000 and am a pretty avid and active member on the S2000 forums (S2KI - S2000 Forums) and I'm sure many members have gone from an S2000 to something similar to the lotus. I've also owned two Toyota Corolla AE86's (incredibly fun cars!) but I sold them in order to fund my new lotus project. My S2000 is currently producing 364.8whp and 215.2wtq @ 11psi and is my garage queen that I've owned for a little over 3 years. I recently had the car repainted and decided to go with an ASM theme (the fastest N/A S2000 on the planet, and very famous in the world of Time Attack). Almost everything on the car has been modified and maybe some of you have seen pics of the car floating around on the internet. :shrug: here are some pictures:

hardtop off:

engine bay:

Although the S2000 has been a garage queen for most of it's life, I do drive the thing and it's had the chance to stretch its legs from time to time. :cool:
pics are back before the repaint

and just last week I managed to pick this up! It's missing the motor, tranny, and ECU... a perfect candidate for a project track car if I may say so myself. It's already got bilstein coilovers installed as well some other little bits and pieces. :D plans are to drop in a built K20/K24 and get the car up to competition standards. As for right now, it's just pleasantly resting in the garage awaiting its transplant, but I cannot wait to get started with this project. I look forward to becoming a member of this lotus community and making a ton of new friends. Here are some pictures of the new project! :clap:

Alcantara Suede Interior

a picture of the garage where both cars will become best friends :D

-Brian :wave:

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Welcome to the forum - I made the switch from a S2K Comptech cooled S/C with a fully built Alaniz F20C to the Elise now with a Ronin/Katana S/C 2ZZ and I think you are going to find this car is so much fun! I miss my S2k but have no regrets and love the Lotus more than any car I have ever owned! Keep us updated with your project and good luck. Nick/ZTEC.
There are a bunch of gearheads over at Moremonkey.com which can be of assistance in your build as well.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sweet, I'll definitely check that site out as well. I used to have a ZTEC single exhaust cap back in the day! hahah

·
Registered
425 Posts
Very nice s2k, the only honda I wld ever buy... ever seen the s2k swapped 2jz cars around?

Good luck on the lotus project...

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Pretty S2K :up: look forward to the engine swap in the Elise...

There are a few people who might be interested in a K20/K24 "kit", so you might
be able to fill a niche market if you feel the urge.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha, I've been discussing the possibility of producing a kit for the lotus guys with the shop that I will be working with, so cross your fingers! I also inquired with them about the possibility of producing a 5 lug conversion hub, but they told me it would be a lot of work and probably not worth the effort to produce a kit. oh well :shrug:

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Welcome :wave:. Beautiful S2000 you got there. I just recently picked up a S2000 CR myself.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome :wave:. Beautiful S2000 you got there. I just recently picked up a S2000 CR myself.
cool, you've got a Yellow S2000 and a White Lotus, whereas I have a Yellow Lotus and a White S2000. rotfl

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
cool, you've got a Yellow S2000 and a White Lotus, whereas I have a Yellow Lotus and a White S2000. rotfl
rotfl Yellow and white are the best colors no matter which combination.

·
Super Moderator
5,461 Posts
Cool cars!

So that's a Rover engined Elise I see! You can already get kits to put a K20 into them as it is a common swap in the UK :)

May I ask where it come from? I ask because you posted that dash photo in your Euro/US thread and caused confusion due to the mph speedo and LHD :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
May I ask where it come from? I ask because you posted that dash photo in your Euro/US thread and caused confusion due to the mph speedo and LHD :)
I'm actually not 100% sure, but I bought it from a friend who was in the middle of doing a k20 swap.. he did not have enough time and lost interest in the project so I picked it up from him and am looking forward to building a real track monster. :clap: I was surprised that it was a Euro version (the reason why I created that other thread) but I am actually pretty happy that it is an early Euro S2 because, as you have mentioned, it is the easiest chassis to swap the K series motor into. :nanner:

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
I'm actually not 100% sure, but I bought it from a friend who was in the middle of doing a k20 swap.. he did not have enough time and lost interest in the project so I picked it up from him and am looking forward to building a real track monster. :clap: I was surprised that it was a Euro version (the reason why I created that other thread) but I am actually pretty happy that it is an early Euro S2 because, as you have mentioned, it is the easiest chassis to swap the K series motor into. :nanner:
Scratch my comment then. :p

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Scratch my comment then. :p
haha, yeah.. I just thought about that. :wallbang: I would still love for someone to make a 5 lug conversion hub for our cars.. it would allow for a much wider array of wheel options..

·
Super Moderator
5,461 Posts
All the best with the Honda install. If you haven't already I suggest you sign into SELOC Forums (UK site) which has loads of info and threads on Honda conversions :)

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Welcome, if you like the S for the track you're going to love the Elise, specially when you turbo charge it, cause I know you will!! ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts