The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,850 Posts
It says in the listing it is a Hennessey. I didn't know those were titled as an Elise, though.

You are viewing a 2014 HENNESSEY VENOM GT supercar, former world record holding "fastest production vehicle." This vehicle starts life as a 2010 Lotus Elise (and is titled as such) and gets a complete transformation from the people at the world famous Hennessey Performance Engineering. The original cowl, windshield, and VIN are used from the Lotus, and the rest of the vehicle is hand crafted.

·
Registered
729 Posts
They used the Elise chassis to build the Hennesey Venom. It's stretched and widened to accommodate the monstrous engine.
If anything it looks better in every way. It shows that when you stretch the dimensions of an Elise it becomes a super car.

Agreed that 1M plus seems silly but I think all hyper cars are cod pieces but at least it seems to perform:

·
Premium Member
2005 Elise LSS Saffron Yellow
756 Posts
I feel like a Texan approach would also include firearms.
If you look at all the pics, you'll note that pic #23 shows the 'builder plate' (I put quotes around it because if you started off with an entire Elise in the shop and ended up with a Venom rolling out, you're a modder, not a builder) and it identifies the vehicle as chassis #9 (which is odd, because the VIN SCCLHCPCXAHA10482 says it's a rather later build number than that), lists the stupidly large HP and torque (but not curb weight), and says it was 'handcrufted in Sealy, Texas, USA (because you know there is a Sealy, Texas in every nation on the planet).

As I said, a very Texan approach to a Lotus. One thing's certain: after all the engorgement it has room for cowl mount machine guns should you want them.

And no, it's not sour grapes. For that kind of cash I could get any of several other cars that started out life as supercars and don't have 289 Cobra style quirks like this probably does.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts