1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
223 Posts
Interesting. $9999 due at signing is ridiculous. At the end of the 39 months, you will be out $53-55k. If you bought the GT instead of leasing, the hit at the end of 39 months will be lower. Given Lotus's dealer network incompetence, I don't think leasing offers any material benefits as far as service and after sales care goes, so it comes down to just numbers.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Here is my question. The lease is for 39 months, not 36. Not sure why because the car has a 3 year warranty. If you lease does the warranty extend to 39 months? What happens if your engine blew up at month 37? Would you be financially responsible? I never heard of a car where the warranty is shorter than the lease.

·
Registered
7,078 Posts
If you can somehow run it through a company or live in a state where there is tax advantage, it can make sense. And in a time of possible Big depreciation, you at least know where you will stand in three years.

And for many boys who like toys, you let them have it back in two years (even less?) for the latest shiny one.

·
Registered
7,078 Posts
Here is my question. The lease is for 39 months, not 36. Not sure why because the car has a 3 year warranty. If you lease does the warranty extend to 39 months? What happens if your engine blew up at month 37? Would you be financially responsible? I never heard of a car where the warranty is shorter than the lease.
Same for the allowed miles. Say you have 2500 a year. Seems like way too little. So run up 6000 in a year and trade it in for the new new one. That warranty discrepency won’t matter.

These are not like my daily Honda that I love and will keep ‘till one of us is no more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts