The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
Planning on purchasing this vehicle next week as long as the PPI from the dealer comes out ok. $37,300, MY2013, 7,300 miles, Amethyst Gray with Ebony Leather, Technology Pkg, Backup Camera, Premium Package, IPS and Starshield. The car is basically flawless cosmetically and as far as I can tell mechanically. Any thoughts, advice and/or opinions are much appreciated! It was rainy and covered with pollen in this picture unfortunately.

·
Registered
Evora S Sports Racer 2014
1 Posts
No brainier for that mileage and money. I follow the prices here in the UK and in the US and I think your car is about 5k shy of its true price.... I wonder why ?

·
Registered
347 Posts
With the Virus and market down and so many people out of work it could be that reason.. but it is a good price for that year..
Wish you well on your new set of wheels

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
As already stated, it does appear to be a great price. I'd do a carfax and make sure they do an ECU dump during the PPI. That should provide significant information. If you post additional photos (all the way around, interior, engine) we may be able to provide more comments.

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
209 Posts
Id be extremely wary at that price point. Almost seems to good to be true. Good deals exist, however for some reason never around me. I did actually find a "great deal" on ebay with a 1993 Single Turbo 500hp Rx7, however when it got to me the turbo was blown and had so many issues I basically pissed 15k out the window. (back then 15 was a decent deal for em). But if the PPI comes back good go for it.

Edit- Also why does it have a yellow sticker that says "This vehicle is not for sale"?

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Good luck, even it it did have a minor event on RR, inspect for quality of repair. Be esp careful to look for NEW components on that corner of suspension. Again, if done properly, replacing a control arm is minor but.....unless the pickup point on the frame was involved.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for your comments!

Not sure why the gas cap is missing, I measured the paint thickness all around the car and didn't find any deviations.

Danny, the sticker is required in NC if a vehicle doesn't have a "used car buyers guide" presented for the vehicle. My shop services vehicles for a local used car dealership and this vehicle was just brought in and hasn't been prepared for sale hence the sticker.
-Post a pic of your FD! I've always wanted one, its probably the most beautiful thing to ever come out of Japan.

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
209 Posts
Thanks everyone for your comments!

Not sure why the gas cap is missing, I measured the paint thickness all around the car and didn't find any deviations.

Danny, the sticker is required in NC if a vehicle doesn't have a "used car buyers guide" presented for the vehicle. My shop services vehicles for a local used car dealership and this vehicle was just brought in and hasn't been prepared for sale hence the sticker.
-Post a pic of your FD! I've always wanted one, its probably the most beautiful thing to ever come out of Japan.
Here were my 2 FD's, the Silver one was built for pure speed. had a Borg Warner turbo on it cranking out I beleive 23 PSI. My Red one had stock twins and was 99% stock, minus the Jspec wing I decided to put on it.

This chrome turbo was the old turbo, not the Borg Warner.

6 Puck racing clutch for the Silver one

New on the Left, old on the right

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
Will the car (and you) be in NC if you accept it?

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
Seems like a great deal. Please do your due diligence and check it out thoroughly. I hope it works out and you'll be a member here.

It's a buyer's market now. There have been numerous bottom feeders that have joined lately trying to take advantage of it. This is in no way directed at the OP.

OP, please keep us apprised.

San

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hello!
Planning on purchasing this vehicle next week as long as the PPI from the dealer comes out ok. $37,300, MY2013, 7,300 miles, Amethyst Gray with Ebony Leather, Technology Pkg, Backup Camera, Premium Package, IPS and Starshield. The car is basically flawless cosmetically and as far as I can tell mechanically. Any thoughts, advice and/or opinions are much appreciated! It was rainy and covered with pollen in this picture unfortunately.

View attachment 1261185
I wonder why the tow hook is on. Also the caliper must have been painted red. I don't think that is how they came out of the factory for 2013. Make sure it is not a story car.

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
I had a White 1994. Loved the look. Definitely the best looking Japanese car ever! But , as a young guy, I couldn't afford to pay Petit Racing or Farrell motoersports 4-5K to straight out the screwed up EGR issues....shame. Mine was a loaded touring with the funky Bose acoutimasss system etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Very similar situation here... I pulled the trigger and bought it today.
2013 Lotus Evora 20,000 miles for $37.5K... if that helps on your decision.
It’s my first Lotus, so very excited... hopefully it won’t take long for delivery (AZ to CA).

·
Registered
347 Posts
I like that color of blue on the Evora and silver wheels and not black wheels you have my attention..Wish you well with your new toy ..
You will smile for a lot of miles every drive you make in it..

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Well done sir!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts