The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
*Still want*

Mild anecdote: Was driving my Esprit in traffic a few days ago and a passenger guy in a truck (TEXAS YA!) next to me at a light was asking what kind of car that is.. Really? REALLY?! The iconic flagship of Lotus from only a few years ago is now unrecognizable? Granted it's not a porsche, which you see 10 on every block.. but seriously.

Might point is, perhaps, maybe, in my lifetime a new Esprit will get people to actually start recognizing the marque.. which.. perhaps maybe will churn interest in Lotus cars.. which perhaps maybe will help Lotus make a profit.

Lotus: Make the damn car! My accountant is waiting for you!
(Oh, and import it to the states too.. thanks)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Thank you for posting the Link. yes, build this car! Lotus needs it in their line-up. With only the Evora in the show room, it is sparce picking for a sports car company.

·
Vroom vroom
507 Posts
I refuse to believe it's actually dead. Sure, some VP said so, but surely they see the reason to go forward with it. The demand is there and the lineup is stale. That car was READY dammit...

·
Registered
530 Posts
*Still want*

Mild anecdote: Was driving my Esprit in traffic a few days ago and a passenger guy in a truck (TEXAS YA!) next to me at a light was asking what kind of car that is.. Really? REALLY?! The iconic flagship of Lotus from only a few years ago is now unrecognizable? Granted it's not a porsche, which you see 10 on every block.. but seriously.

Might point is, perhaps, maybe, in my lifetime a new Esprit will get people to actually start recognizing the marque.. which.. perhaps maybe will churn interest in Lotus cars.. which perhaps maybe will help Lotus make a profit.

Lotus: Make the damn car! My accountant is waiting for you!
(Oh, and import it to the states too.. thanks)
Honestly, if it wasn't for me being on these forums, I would have had no idea either. If anything I would have guessed it was a modded Delorean!

I'll show myself out now. -eek-

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
There is NO WAY there will NOT BE another Esprit as long as Lotus is in business.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Hope they get to it soon.. Been rummaging around for a Murciélago but rather stay in the Lotus family.. I've about given up on them..

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Everybody says this . . . so take it with a grain of salt--but I have a "contact" at Lotus. My colleague went to industrial design school with him. When I was debating about ordering a new 2014 Evora S, my colleague contacted him just to make sure they weren't about to refresh the car right after I bought it. His friend at Lotus says they are 18 months away from any kind of update to the Evora. Which I figure with Lotus means 24 months minimum. I guess what I'm trying to say is if that's the case, it's hard to imagine them being ready to launch a whole new car any time soon. But who knows . . .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Very sharp and angular, I like it. Interesting direction for the brand.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts