The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Posted another thread about "flashing oil light". I am in the process of ordering a "T" to put in a oil pressure gauge.
I have found a few postings on what type of thread goes into the motor.

One says it is a 1/8 inch BSPT and that if you put in a 1/8 inch NPT it will go in about 2 turns and then strip the hole.

Another said it was 1/8 NPT.

I find it unusual that a Toyota motor would have a British Standard Pipe Thread. But who knows.

Anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Hi all.

Posted another thread about "flashing oil light". I am in the process of ordering a "T" to put in a oil pressure gauge.
I have found a few postings on what type of thread goes into the motor.

One says it is a 1/8 inch BSPT and that if you put in a 1/8 inch NPT it will go in about 2 turns and then strip the hole.

Another said it was 1/8 NPT.

I find it unusual that a Toyota motor would have a British Standard Pipe Thread. But who knows.

Anyone know for sure?
Yea, it's 1/8 BSP, and yes the japs use BSP.

·
Registered
261 Posts
The Toyota 4AG motor uses 1/8" BSPT. Measure what you pull out to be sure, but I'd go with BSPT (British Standard Pipe Tapered).

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
Tony why not put another sandwich plate on at the filter mine works well and pretty cheep. It is a glow shift plate. will find link. It is good for monitoring not for actual pressue in the block. You can also add a temp sensor.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 5 of 5 Posts