The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
"Last week more than 50 contractors involved in new projects at the car maker were given a couple of weeks’ notice in a sign of cost cutting by the conglomerate."

bad...

·
Registered
68 Posts

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
well as long as they come out with the new esprit within the next year or so. I think they'll be fine after this road-block. Best thing to do is get it over with ASAP.

·
Premium Member
6,241 Posts
Seems like the new owners are just trimming the dead wood, a good thing.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Restructuring is painful but necessary for survival...especially when the need is so great after Bahorrible was at the helm for so long

Hopefully this refocused Group Lotus can "simplify and add lightness" again...but I do wish the contractors well. It sucks seeing the lower rungs of the company suffer due to the mismanagement at the top.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
So much for the 5 year plan. Back to being a niche player.

This might mean that the Elige will go on as a reskin and maybe a new engine, same chassis to save money.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Im sure there will be significant upgrades to the chassis, might not be a complete redesign though. In any case, I find this good news. Back to basics.

Bring back the Lotus 7 and beat Caterham at their own (borrowed) game!

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Today (or maybe yesterday) marked the production of the 500,000 Porsche vehicle. It was - wait for it - a Cayenne.

But everyone here already knew that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts