The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey out there,

I did a search for "throttle cutting corner" and found some info, but probably not my specific problem.

At the track, my throttle would cut for a second, only in hard g-force hard throttle corners. As you might imagine, this became very unsafe. Into a session, it cut once or twice per lap, and once I turned the car off it would only idle very poorly and stall. Once it cooled in the paddock, it wouldn't even try to idle poorly. The starter would turn and turn without a bit of ignition.

All fuses front, interior, and engine are tested OK. I pulled the spark plugs, and they aren't burnt white or oily black, they seem OK. Interestingly, after running the starter motor for a few seconds, there is still no gas on the spark plugs.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

P.S. Thanks a million to Jimbo with the MR2 Spyder that he graciously let me use when my ride was down. When configured right, the spyder rocks!

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Did you happen to take notice of your fuel level at those times? There are many threads here discussing high-g fuel starvation.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgot to mention... this is independent of fuel level.

I have experienced this problem with "two bars" and with full bars. I don't think I ran the pump dry.

thanks for mentioning it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts