The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did an Auto-x today and cas was not running right at all. Every time I would give it any gas it was sputtering, couldnt get full power down at all, no traction control light coming on, not hitting rev limiter.

Anyone got any ideas of things that I can check?

Also, installed Arqray decat and single tip little over a month ago, but have not heard of this issues from anyone else that has them installed. Did install catch cans as well...

Thoughts?

Thanks

·
Registered
836 Posts
Cory still put down some great laps at the event, I wish I would have been as fast as him with my fully functioning Elise :bow:

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not to mention that I did win my class with a "broken" car! (we wont say how many were in my class...)

Cory still put down some great laps at the event, I wish I would have been as fast as him with my fully functioning Elise :bow:

·
Registered
839 Posts
You mentioned that you had "no traction control light coming on." In other words, it sounds like you were running with the T/C in the default on position (where the light is off). I always run with my T/C defeated (i.e., the light on the button and the dash icon will be on). If you're not turning the system off, this could cause the symptoms you are describing on a sticky surface with good tires.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have never turned traction control off (light on the dash on) and never had a anything like this happen before. Im going to try to turn TC off and see if it happens, but based on past experiences im not thinking that thats going to help.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
I have never turned traction control off (light on the dash on) and never had a anything like this happen before. Im going to try to turn TC off and see if it happens, but based on past experiences im not thinking that thats going to help.
In an autocross the TC will cut in constantly and the symptoms will be exactly as you describe :wave::shift:

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
Check your coils, spark plug tubes, and spark plugs for oil contamination and arching. Your cars symptoms are nearly identical to my car earlier this spring when I took it out of storage. After it was fully warmed up, it would misfire whenever I gave it throttle, but would usually idle OK. Three of my spark plug tubes were clean and dry and the #1 tube had a lot of oil from a leak in the spark plug tube seal and soot and carbon formed from arching of the oil soaked coil to the tube. The parts looked like this when I first removed them:

Coils 1.jpg

Coils 5.jpg

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pulled the plugs and tubes, they all look fine...

Also, I have all my interior removed and the traction control button wasn't even in the car, not sure if not having that hooked up would cause traction control to come on but not get the light, so ill try to run it tomorrow and see...

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didnt check for any codes as I dont have a code scanner... wouldnt check engine light come on though?

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
I didnt check for any codes as I dont have a code scanner... wouldnt check engine light come on though?
It should. Good point. Maybe go to your local auto parts place and that will confirm. Perhaps, it was bad gas? :shrug: (Not yours, the car's! :p)

·
Premium Member
11,891 Posts
didn't this or similar happen to Larry and it was a fuse?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Is this the 1st time you have run WOT on the new exhaust system?

·
Registered
112 Posts
sounds exactly like the tc being on and cutting spark. I've had it happen at a couple autox events when I forgot to turn the tc off. Other than that I have no idea. good luck.

·
Premium Member
11,891 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
pulled the plugs and tubes, they all look fine...

Also, I have all my interior removed and the traction control button wasn't even in the car, not sure if not having that hooked up would cause traction control to come on but not get the light, so ill try to run it tomorrow and see...
I am not sure this is truely the case or not, but I remember CharlieX saying that if you unhook the traction control wiring, that the ECU will permanently disable the traction control feature after 4 or 5 starts. Not sure if this might also happen with just the button unhooked, but thought I would mention it.

Here is CharlieX's post (it was from a year ago, so he might have more info now):
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/671319-post43.html

·
Registered
222 Posts
I had a similar issue, there is a 2.5 Amp fuse in the box in the engine compartment. It was not making good contact. After I fixed the contacts the problem went away. I don't even know what the fuse is for.

·
Premium Member
11,891 Posts
Any answer?

don't leave us hanging

1 - 20 of 21 Posts