The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 Elise with 9000 miles

During the first few drive this sprig I noticed the throttle sticking a quick tap on the petal and all back to normal. I did a search and found others who have had the problem but the fix has been done by the dealer mostly under warranty. My warranty has expired, had anyone solved this or found a cause? Hopefully just needs some lubrication.

·
Premium Member
3,043 Posts
First...I am not that good on the new stuff. Old Lotus is my speciality...but I would remove the throttle body where the MAP sensor is and clean it. It comes off real easy. That is the part the throttle cable hooks to. When I put in the SC...it was real dirty.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I have a 05 Elise with 9000 miles

During the first few drive this sprig I noticed the throttle sticking a quick tap on the petal and all back to normal. I did a search and found others who have had the problem but the fix has been done by the dealer mostly under warranty. My warranty has expired, had anyone solved this or found a cause? Hopefully just needs some lubrication.
Mine started to bind and then snap. Check the radius of the bend where it comes out from the center tunnel. Hethel could have installed the cable with a very tight radius like mine to snap the housing and cause metal on metal abrasion. Mine was fixed under warranty.

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f101/broken-throttle-cable-18479/

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Mine throttle cable had to be replaced as well. It was getting more and more stiff.

The cable cannot simply be lubricated.

My car was already out of warranty so I had to pay for it and it was several hours of labor - not a cheap repair :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts