The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shadowing you guys since September, Due time - so I did a little leg work this morning for all us fanatics.

After the cursory comments were out of the way, I mumbled something about the COM to the sales mgr or boy racer, neither of us could recall. (COM infections are rampant and I may fall prey) CO = emotional tone that is hard to ignore.

So we ran the gamut of colors. KG got lots of attention as well – particularly when the instructor wearing the matching helmet took the helm. He loved the yellow and red ‘classy, Ferrari-ish ‘ In fact many laymen may confuse the Liz with Italian steel. Black was curiously absent and there was some scuttle about the meaning of this and a reasonable consensus that brushed metallic venting would be necessary to do the SB justice.

As the endorphins began to kick in, he confessed to spinning twice on the autocross course and that it was very difficult to get into trouble that couldn’t be corrected. As for the big track, it was the drift and squeal through the turns that held his attention. With that - the conversation deteriorated into a blubbering laughter about the perma-grins their wearing today.

OUT and to the COM!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More snipets and some very interesting news:

Of course, raves about the handling easily handling a 90mph hairpin on the Birmingham track. Top speed seen by his eyes on the course: 130 and never hit 6th gear.

Factory rep confirmed there is a turbo in development that will see the light of day through their racing program and is said to produce horses north of 300.

"Heritage Edition" to be offered late in the year will include racing stripes, possibly 2 tone paint, and powder coated rims. Also, the factory is plans to offer custom interiors at some juncture.

Ciao

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Uggh. Thanks for the info and I mean that whole heartedly. Nothing against you at all but Im so jaded on hearing new info today what you just posted makes me sick/tired rather than happy.

Im so tired of getting my hopes up time and time again. :( Now we have more info from someone we dont know who apparently got info ( or not) from something none of the rest of us were invited to...and now dangle it like a carrot in relatively cryptic form in front of us. Im sorry, this carrot is stale for me now. Ive stopped chasing it. :(

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea! I'm with you and I don't know you either.

I knew the racing stripes and 300hp number would raise the ire of some.

I'm just telling it like I heard it. Sounds plausible to me although a turbo for the streat is further down the line IMO.

What would hearten you in your quest the Liz?

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
It's good you posted this on 3/31. Can you imagine how skeptical people would have been if you posted on 4/1? ;)

Relax, everyone! We're almost in the home stretch. Official announces have been made (Jan), production has supposedly started (March), the 135R is been released (March), the Fed version has been "pressed" (this week). We're almost there!

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
OneFastMiata said:
Uggh. Thanks for the info and I mean that whole heartedly. Nothing against you at all but Im so jaded on hearing new info today what you just posted makes me sick/tired rather than happy.

Im so tired of getting my hopes up time and time again. :( Now we have more info from someone we dont know who apparently got info ( or not) from something none of the rest of us were invited to...and now dangle it like a carrot in relatively cryptic form in front of us. Im sorry, this carrot is stale for me now. Ive stopped chasing it. :(
You sound dismayed and frustrated. I empathize, my schedule is very rigid as well and I need ample lead time to deal with the peripherials so that I can go and get my car. Nothing like being kept in the dark and having to deal with partial information at best.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Yeah, Im just frustrated today. My only saving grace is talking to nice people like Clyde and Chris and others who know for sure what is going on....but for some reason when I talk to them I always forget to ask the hard questions. hehe

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I'm so frustrated I can barely read the boards anymore. I cant stand the conflicting info! It's an emotional rollercoaster.

I'm glad I'll be out of here for the next month, away from all this chaos. Hopefully when I return April 30th, everything will be sorted and we will all be happy.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Hope your trip goes well MW, and your back gets much much better before all your hiking!

have a good time!

J

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
I've got to be honest with you guys, everything I've been told is demos in May. Customer cars in June. That was current as last Thurs.

The numbers don't work for dealers to be getting 10 cars in May. The shipping time is a month, that means befroe the end of April 300 or so cars would have to be built and on the ship to make it end of May. Unfortunately with these reports of May deliveries, if it doesn't happen they'lll be a lot of unhappy people.

My thought, expect demos in May, customer cars in June. If by some chance customer cars hit in late May, all the better, otherwise, think JUNE>
CHris

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Chris,

I know you are being logical and upfront about this whole scenario, but could you, for once, not burst my happy bubble!

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
OK!

Ask me after midnight tomorrow on 4-1-04 and I'll tell ya what ya want to hear, kay?

Chris
I'll go over to my corner and be quiet now.:)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not my intention to confound and/or agitate. We should all know by now that news through the 'grapevine' is quite simply hearsay. In the best case we ferret out the truth. The race stripe comment makes me squirm a bit cause I can’t see stripes on CO or MB (my personal conundrum).

I am hoping that someone will corroborate or dispel the info I posted.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Chris- I'm with you on the timing. Being 4/1 you could tell us anything. ;) As you've noted it's not likely many if any cusomer cars in May. It's become a bit of a dead zone for me the last month. Some tidbits here and there... Once I/we take delivery it will get more interesting. :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
actually i spoke with randy my salesman at dimmitt today to place my order, (he went to alabama to the lotus expo) he was told they were working on a factory installed turbo kit that would be covered by warranty. didnt mention price or horsepower but sounds to be true. ordered chrome orange, sport package, and hardtop..yeee haww

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
I've got to be honest with you guys, everything I've been told is demos in May. Customer cars in June. That was current as last Thurs.
That's what I've been told also. :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
trifecta99 said:
More snipets and some very interesting news:

"Heritage Edition" to be offered late in the year will include racing stripes, possibly 2 tone paint, and powder coated rims. Also, the factory is plans to offer custom interiors at some juncture.
Well I've been lusting after a car on the "Elise Colors" page of this board (which can be found all the way at the bottom of this page). It's the Gray Elise with the Ford GT40-style orange Gulf stripe and orange wheels. I've been contemplating (and trying to justify!) painting this stripe on my Elise as soon as I get it (which would also mean I would have to wait on the Clear Bra). I have no idea what a custom aftermarket paint stripe would be vs. what the factory option would be (if they'll even offer it).

Does anyone know if that gray/orange car is a custom paintjob, or a special factory edition? Thanks, Max.

P.S. My favorite car EVER is the original Ford GT40. This Elise is just like a 1:2 scale version with 1/2 the cylinders, but twice the fun and 1/10th the price! I can't wait!

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
maxxfish said:
I've been contemplating (and trying to justify!) painting this stripe on my Elise
Actually, you can get vinyl "stripes" that you can install (and remove) from the car at your whim - well actually not that easy. You can install them and leave the vinyl stripes on permanently, but still remove them with no damage (other than the paint under the stripes may not have faded with the rest of the car). Even the factory stripes for the R package Miatas were the removable vinyal...

Ford GT-40s have always been my dream car...

Tim Mullen

1 - 20 of 42 Posts