The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been on this forum for many years and I have to say this time period has the most Esprit activity I have ever seen! Big thumbs up to all of you. I am a Elise owner and a long time fan of the Esprit and all things Lotus

It is nice to see everyone exchanging ideas and knowledge to keep these beautiful machines where they should be. Out in public, driving down the road

·
Registered
458 Posts
:up: They're a great bunch of guys (and girls) here. It's incredible how knowledgeable they are and how willing they are to share that information. There are very few egos and everyone is treated as an equal. :clap:

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,352 Posts
... keep these beautiful machines where they should be. Out in public, driving down the road
You mean, as in THESE pictures, posted recently? :panic:

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f164/red-ufo-has-landed-199817/index2.html#post2815337 rotfl rotfl rotfl

I was just thinking how many of our cars drive down the road without their wheels even touching the ground. Because they are on a flatbed....

:tadts:

Seriously, my Esprit has only needed a 'piggyback ride' twice in the 21 years I've owned it...so I'm not complaining.

·
Super Moderator
4,216 Posts
[snip]
Seriously, my Esprit has only needed a 'piggyback ride' twice in the 21 years I've owned it...so I'm not complaining.
Hmmm... I needed 2 piggyback rides in 25 months (25K miles) and each ride was about 30 days apart.:huh:

But that's OK - if I want 'no tow' behavior, I'll drive my Ford Focus :evil:

·
Registered
7,232 Posts
Now if we can just get more Europa owners/caretakers to chime in!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Esprit ownership can be a wild ride, good, bad, and everything in between...we have to support each other...it is worth it in the end...

·
Cal H
982 Posts
Now if we can just get more Europa owners/caretakers to chime in!
You mean like This? They are already here but this an Esprit section. As good as Tim is with Esprit's he might be better with Europa's. I've had 2 Europa's in my early days and an Elan. This particular car probably can keep up if not take out SE's. Take a close look at the engine and trans in the last pic. It will have up to date electrical and A/C. Consult with Tim if you have a Europa question or need via PM as we try and follow section protocol.

Tim Engel on left and Dave Cammack on right Mike in middle

·
Cal H
982 Posts
Hard to see but the paint is Lexus Blue Pearl

Power plant is one of the Toyota 20 valve engines. I'm secretly hoping the car will not spank me and make me look silly when we go on a group drive.

·
Cal H
982 Posts
Autocross7 be careful not to get a too great of a paint job because many times when a car gets a near show quality or above paint job it may alter the way you drive the car. You seem to be one that has fun and plays with the car. It would be a shame if after a superb paint job it turned out it made you drive a bit more conservative than your current driving style. Many have done this after a superior paint job.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Thanks Cashxdr!
I too, have been watching and noticing the increased number of views in the Esprit section and have been really happy with how many views it has been getting lately. A couple times, it even surpassed the Elise section! I thought nobody else noticed or cared, but for me, I always look and it always makes me smile.

Roy

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
As for most piggyback rides on a flatbed, Eddie, I got you beat! Seven times within five months, plus one more in an enclosed trailer to bring it home in pieces...don't even go there! LOL

Roy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts