The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's going?

I see 4 exige's, and 3 elise's going. Anyone else interested?

Event Details

Robain's wanna come out??? Is the car ready?

Hsin

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Sounds like FUN!! Unfortunately I signed up for HOD on July 4th at Infineon.

But I plan to do Thunderhill again, hopefully using the bypass and not the Crow's Nest. Not a fan of the Crow's Nest, it's a little Mickey Mouse for my liking. NASA seem to be the only group that runs the Bypass.

Rob

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
deddie- was over at Rob's shop a few weeks ago. They had your old engine apart. Is the Exige back up or will be taking the Carrera?

Would like to make Infineon for the 4th but it will family time and I'll be out of town. There are some August and Sept date I have my eye on.

Doubt I'd make it to Thunderhill until Sept or Oct. at the earliest.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Oct is a pretty good month for Thunderhill (temp wise).

With all this cool and abnormal weather we're having (rain in June!!) maybe it will be a nice summer. I'm hoping it's not 112 F in July like it was a year or so ago.

Dang, didn't realize Thunderhill has DB limits now?? Wonder why? Annoy the cows/sheep?

For anyone that is new to track events, just wanna emphasize that Thunderhill is VERY learner friendly, it's pretty rare anyone collects a wall or solid object at Thunderhill from HPDE type events, especially going CCW (as the track was designed). Great track to get one's feet wet at.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
deddie- was over at Rob's shop a few weeks ago. They had your old engine apart. Is the Exige back up or will be taking the Carrera?

Would like to make Infineon for the 4th but it will family time and I'll be out of town. There are some August and Sept date I have my eye on.

Doubt I'd make it to Thunderhill until Sept or Oct. at the earliest.

Probably taking the Carrera. I took the Carrera to THill this past weekend with HOD and had fun. Very different car on the track than the Exige. The Carrera made me appreciate the downforce of the Exige. The Carrera is a little loose in elevation changes, cross winds and hard braking. The Exige is perfectly planted. I don't want to turn the Carrera into a full time track car, but a few events a year may be warranted.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Dang, didn't realize Thunderhill has DB limits now?? Wonder why? Annoy the cows/sheep?
Although there is a 103db "limit" (which I believe has existed for a while), I am not aware of it ever being enforced. THill does not have a sound booth and I have been told that absent running a car without mufflers, you will be fine on sound. I do a lot of sport bike track days there and there are some extremely loud bikes.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah the 103db isn't enforced... there was a Porsche there, and that was well over 103db... It cause my brain pain everytime it went by....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.