The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thunderhill is conducting a few of their own track days this year, which they are calling "Thunderhill Lapping Days". The events are set up using a 3 group format (novice, intermediate and advanced) with 20 minute sessions (therefore, you get seven 20 minute sessions). Each group is being limited to 20 cars. For $160, I thought this was a great deal and signed up on 3/31. Today, I received an email stating that only 6 drivers have signed up, and that they need at least 16 to keep the event.

With HOD charging $275 for five 20 minute sessions (not bashing HOD - I do a bunch of events with them each year), I am somewhat surprised at the low sign-up rate so far. My guess is that lack of marketing is not helping their cause.

If any of you are looking for an exceptionally priced track day, with lots of uncrowded track time, I encourage you to check this out. You can sign up at the Thunderhill web site.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Thunderhill is conducting a few of their own track days this year, which they are calling "Thunderhill Lapping Days". The events are set up using a 3 group format (novice, intermediate and advanced) with 20 minute sessions (therefore, you get seven 20 minute sessions). Each group is being limited to 20 cars. For $160, I thought this was a great deal and signed up on 3/31. Today, I received an email stating that only 6 drivers have signed up, and that they need at least 16 to keep the event.

With HOD charging $275 for five 20 minute sessions (not bashing HOD - I do a bunch of events with them each year), I am somewhat surprised at the low sign-up rate so far. My guess is that lack of marketing is not helping their cause.

If any of you are looking for an exceptionally priced track day, with lots of uncrowded track time, I encourage you to check this out. You can sign up at the Thunderhill web site.
Good deal but I just can't swing weekdays at T'hill :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts