The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone's going to be there, swing by the big red trailer with the SRF's near it and say hi; we'll be doing a little testing for the memorial day race weekend.

Steve

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
I'll be there. First track day in 3-4 months? I'll be wayyyy rusty.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Had to cancel due to my motor blowing at my last THill event. I should be back for the weekend event in early June. Have fun guys.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I really wanted to make this event, but HOD is always so expensive. Costs more than two NCRC events, ack!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had to cancel due to my motor blowing at my last THill event. I should be back for the weekend event in early June. Have fun guys.
We could always bring another SRF for you to rent... :)

Sorry to hear about your motor though...always sadness inducing.

Steve

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
what happened???

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Second lap of the day on 4/24. Approaching the apex of turn 2 when I get a very noticable engine stutter, followed by extremely loud metal-to-metal grinding. Roasted a rod bearing. My car was properly filled with freshly changed oil, plus my accusump was working fine. The new motor will have a few more safety nets to help prevent a similar incident.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts