The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vendor
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The new rigid Carbon/GRP B5 seat weighs from 5.7 to 6.7 kg and has been designed especially to suit the Lotus Elise / Exige. The seat angle is a regular saloon car angle. The small narrow size of the B5 means that many other vehicle applications are possible with this seat.

The B5 sits the driver very low in the car which reduces the likelihood of hitting the crash helmet on the roll cage. This benefits the taller driver who may have problems in other seats and also helps lower the center of gravity. The side profile developed from years of manufacturing kart racing seats gives excellent support and leaves the shoulders free to help steer the car unhindered. Although the seat is small it can fit a surprisingly large range of driver sizes and the seat has been designed to be compatible with the Hans device.

List for 1,100 pounds in UK.

New condition $800 plus shipping.

Minor scratches on the base from storage.
Includes cushions.
No seat rails

Hayes 772-299-9788
[URL="http://www.wirewheel.com"[/URL]

·
Registered
913 Posts
Has anyone sat in these, back to back with a Reverie Mulsanne C or XC? Wondering how narrow the shoulders section is on this seat in comparison.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Yes. I'm 185lbs, 6'2" with a 32" inseam, so relatively long-ish torso and, for me, it's not so much narrow in the shoulder section, but just below the shoulder section in the mid-upper back region. The Tillet doesn't offer as much lateral support on the seat bottom as the Reveries, but still offers plenty. Either seat is a GREAT motivator for me not to get much heavier than 185!

I don't think you can get a great "feel" for either seat as it really is going to depend on your body's shape. Unfortunately, the only way to really know is to sit in either, or, preferably, both. Not always possible, I know.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'd like the seat. Shipping to 95131? Thanks - Rob.
408-725-4243

1 - 7 of 7 Posts