The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, figured I would throw this up as there wasn't as much info around for this combination and these mounts specifically. I was unable to find install instructions online, but Steve e-mailed them to me to get me started. A few tips/observations--

-From the bag, the bottom brackets have to be disconnected, swapped and rotated 180*
-For my specific setup, I had to use almost all the spacers and ended up buying longer screws. The ones from the EB4 kit are M8x1.25 25mm, and I ended up with one 30mm and three 40mm screws. If you buy the wider seats you will be able to use fewer spacers.
-The forward adjustment is somewhat limited. I am 5'8" with a ~29" inseam and have the rails set all the way forward.
-Clearance with the center console where it widens at the base of the shifter is only a few millimeters. I have the cut version of the seat. If you are able to set the seat further back you will have more clearance.
-Head clearance is good. I have the rear of the seat set relatively high in order to add a little rake to help reach the pedals, and so you may have even more clearance.
-The seat belt anchor point is 14mm OD. The stock belts are useable, however most racing harness bolt-in brackets/belt ends I have seen are either 7/16" or 1/2" and will not fit. I did not feel comfortable boring these out. I did find some from RaceQuip that are supposedly 9/16" and will try them out (RaceQuip Safety Harness Replacement Hardware | JEGS part number 700005, 700010, 700020)

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A couple updates--

-Racequip belt ends were mislabeled, and are for a 1/2" hole. I ended up having my original brackets drilled out with a 9/16" bit, which left plenty of material still.
-It is possible to mount the stock 3 point belt as well as a harness. This required changing to button head screws instead

-It is possible to run a bar across the rail to mount a sub belt, however this is far from ideal. It is positioned much further back than the recommended 0-20* from the seat hole, and is mounted to the seat rails rather than directly into the car/frame. The holes are also 5mm offset so the bar does not sit perpendicular across the rails either. The benefit is that you don't have to drill your floor for eye bolts or a plate.

·
He's on fire!
3,165 Posts
Where did you get 10.9 button heads?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
He's on fire!
3,165 Posts
Thanks! I'll have to check that out. How are you securing the rails to the car?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The rails come with M8 12.9 cap screws. I had to run three washers under the left rear, but it looks like there's still around 6-7mm thread engagement.

·
He's on fire!
3,165 Posts
It appears you are running the lap belts attached to the runners. With that setup, I don't think I've seen anyone advise using the factory weldnuts FYI

1 - 7 of 7 Posts