The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
111r k20/24
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently shopping for seats as the stock ones in my 05 Elise 111r do a terrible job of holding me in place through corners. The priority for me is lateral support.

I'm based in Australia so I was considering either getting the Tillett B6 or Tecnocraft T3. I don't have any examples locally that I can try out and was wondering if anyone could share some info/advice on how either of those performs when it comes to holding the driver in place?

The Tillett B6 looks like it'd certainly do the job. The Tecnocraft T3 doesn't look as snug as the Tillett B6 (from photos) but that doesn't mean it could still perform better than my stock seats in providing better lateral support, plus I like their Kevlar look/color options, which Tillett doesn't have.

For reference, I'm 6'1" average build. It's a pain and expensive to get anything into this country so I'm trying to be as sure as I can before I commit to one over the other.

TIA
Shoe Sports gear Product Sports equipment Outdoor shoe

·
Premium Member
2006 Exige
1,164 Posts
Currently shopping for seats as the stock ones in my 05 Elise 111r do a terrible job of holding me in place through corners. The priority for me is lateral support.

I'm based in Australia so I was considering either getting the Tillett B6 or Tecnocraft T3. I don't have any examples locally that I can try out and was wondering if anyone could share some info/advice on how either of those performs when it comes to holding the driver in place?

The Tillett B6 looks like it'd certainly do the job. The Tecnocraft T3 doesn't look as snug as the Tillett B6 (from photos) but that doesn't mean it could still perform better than my stock seats in providing better lateral support, plus I like their Kevlar look/color options, which Tillett doesn't have.

For reference, I'm 6'1" average build. It's a pain and expensive to get anything into this country so I'm trying to be as sure as I can before I commit to one over the other.

TIA View attachment 1306292
I have a Tillett b6 and I really like the way the sides support my rib cage and butt.Any less support on my ribs wouldn’t be enough.I’m 6’4” so like you I sit as far back as I can.Too far back to support myself with the steering wheel.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
B6 is a proper supportive race seat (kinda) and the T3 is a gentleman drivers seat :) Also I dont know how you could get a T3 as they have been out of business a few years, but I am sure some are around.

·
Administrator
11,259 Posts
B6 is a proper supportive race seat (kinda) and the T3 is a gentleman drivers seat :) Also I dont know how you could get a T3 as they have been out of business a few years, but I am sure some are around.
They are still in business.

Reactions: Node

·
Administrator
11,259 Posts

·
Registered
111r k20/24
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks that helps a lot. B6 it is.

I think Tecnocraft is back? At least with carbon stuff? I read some stuff that they were back under new management. They also have a running site with seats on it to buy and you can check out with a cart. They even have a discount code on their site that's relevant as of 2021.

But I'm new to this so maybe their site was just left as is? It seems to be operating tho.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
You will be very close between the XL and normal size B6 just a consideration. My last two customers who were around 165 and 185 lbs and 6' both chose regular size, I want an XL at 5'11 230, but I can sit in the regular one just fine if I need, if you get the XL you will want to get it "edges off" or you will have to trim it yourself.

·
Registered
111r k20/24
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are there any other seats I should consider? Just focused on lateral support and ease of installation (no heavy modification/multiple adapters).

Pretty set on the B6 now unless something you guys recommend usurps it.

·
Administrator
11,259 Posts
Hmm why did I think this? Did they close and reopen? It certainly looks like they are active now.
They did close and reopen. I caught one of their ads or posts last year and it surprised me as well.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Yeah unless youre going to move the center console over and go to single seater nothing else better will fit. I run an HTE-R in my car, but I moved the steering wheel over and don't run a console.

·
Premium Member
2006 Exige
1,164 Posts
Are there any other seats I should consider? Just focused on lateral support and ease of installation (no heavy modification/multiple adapters).

Pretty set on the B6 now unless something you guys recommend usurps it.
I use the regular size b6 and it is plenty wide for me at 187#.The xl won’t fit without trimming the edges.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
I just bought a pair of Eltech seats, they will not be as supportive as the B6, but for me a compromise for street and track use.
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Steering part Automotive design Vehicle

Reactions: mfanatic325

·
Premium Member
2006 Exige
1,164 Posts
I just bought a pair of Eltech seats, they will not be as supportive as the B6, but for me a compromise for street and track use.
View attachment 1306314
That seems like a nice compromise as long as you aren’t running R compound tires on the track.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
That seems like a nice compromise as long as you aren’t running R compound tires on the track.
That’s what these are for.
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Car Car seat cover

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
412 Posts
If mounting the stock 3 point belt with the Tillet B6, how exactly do you thread the belt through the lap belt holes? Do you have to un-bolt the pretensioner-end of the belt from the car and stick it through the outboard hole in the seat?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts